MBBSDIRECT MONTHLY MAGAZINE – JULY 2017 download करें और जाने विदेश से MBBS करने के लिए 7 सबसे बेहतर यूनिवर्सिटीज कौन सी हैं |
MBBS in Russia Eligibility
Russia has been a popular destination for International students who wish to carry out MBBS. With outstanding facilities, technology and infrastructure, Russia has occupied almost 30 positions amongst top 100 ranking Medical Universities according to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Directory of World Medical Schools.
It is one of the preferred destinations for MBBS because of the highly subsidized fee by Russian Ministry of Health & Education in comparison to western countries. When you get high quality education backed with low cost and professional trainers, it is one of the main reasons for choosing top medical universities of Russia for MBBS.
There are almost 57 medical universities in Russia and in all the institutions; the student to teacher ratio is 7:1. Most of these universities impart education in English Medium, which also teach students Russian language making it easy for medical students to practise.
The duration of MBBS in Russia in English Medium is 6years and in Russian Medium is 7 years.
Why MBBS Study in Russia
Medical Study in Russia allows direct MBBS Admission without any entrance exam. MBBS fee here is very low because the Russian Government provides subsidy for education and the average fee is between 2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs annually. Students are also trained for MCI screening test during the medical course. The professors who impart knowledge are aware of the syllabus and pattern of MCI test.
Since the medical universities in Russia are listed in WHO and MCI, a student studying here can practice anywhere in the world including India. Even the accommodation provided to students is a fully furnished hostel inside the university campus with fresh and quality food.
Medical courses are taught in English and Russian languages, MBBS students also get training to learn Russian Language because by learning Russian language a student can communicate with patients in the hospital during the time of medical practice.
Benefits of Pursuing MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
- The entrance happens of first come first served basis, but no entrance exam is held.
- The course fee is low and subsidized by Russian government.
- Worldwide recognition of the degrees offered by Russian medical universities.
- Indian canteen or food joints can be found.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia
As compared to MBBS in India which is of 4 years, MBBS in Russia is of 6 years, however, the pattern is similar to the Indian curriculum and the doctors will be awarded the MBBS degree, after which they can get an internship in Russia or India.
Applications along with the required educational documents will be sent to the college and once the admission letter is received with a Visa invitation letter, you can be set to go for MBBS studies. This is where MBBSDirect.com comes into picture, to assist you with the details.
- An aspirant carrying a minimum of 50% marks in 12th Standard in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. If the candidate belongs to any reserved category, then a score of 40% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology is doable. This is according to MCI guidelines.
- There’s no entrance test required, admission is granted on first come-first served basis.
- The student should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Here is the fee structure of some of the most famous medical universities in Russia-
|Universities||1st Year||2nd year onwards|
|Altai State Medical University||Rs. 3,55,000/-||Rs. 1,78,000/- per year|
|Omsk State Medical University||Rs. 3,55,000/-||Rs. 1,78,000/- per year|
|Irkutsk State Medical University||Rs. 3,87,000/-||Rs. 2,25,500/- per year|
|Novosibirsk State Medical University||Rs. 4,19,500/-||Rs. 2,90,000/- per year|
Please note: Above fees does not include food charges, which students have to pay in addition. Indian food charges for per year are generally Rs. 85,000/-
From second year onward, students have to pay for hostel as well. In first year fees, hostel is included. Hostel fees from 2nd year are applicable which is Rs. 20,000/- and vary upto Rs. 37,000/- per year.
MCI Rules and Regulations about MBBS in Abroad
The Medical Council of India is a governmental body that takes care of the establishment and maintenance of high standards of medical education within the country. It also is involved in sanctioning the degrees awarded by foreign universities before students begin their practice in India.
Some of the significant regulations mentioned by the MCI are as follows:
Any Indian citizen who wants to carry out a degree in medicine from a foreign university has to approach the Medical Council of India in order to obtain an eligibility certificate.
This application has to be made in the format mentioned by the Medical Council of India on its website. The application has to be submitted with original mark sheet or certificate of the qualifying examination along with the photocopies of the documents. MCI retains the photocopy while returning the original to the candidate after verification. There’s also a requirement to submit a Demand Draft of an amount specified by the council on the website, in favour of the Secretary, Medical Council of India, New Delhi. In case the documents furnished by the candidate does not contain his or her birth date, then a government authorised certificate that acknowledges the same has to be produced along with by the candidate.
The Medical Council of India reserves the right to conduct further research in order to check the truthfulness of the documents submitted as well as the information provided in the application. The student might be called in this regard. In case, any of the information furnished is found to be false, the council can deny will deny giving the applicant an eligibility certificate. If the certificate has been issued already, it will be treated as null and void. The council’s decision in this regard will be final.
If an applicant belongs to any of reserved categories, he or she will have to submit a certificate stating the same information.
Only when the council is satisfied with the information furnished and finds all the documents as well as certificates to be authentic, that is when it will issue a certificate giving the candidate the permission to obtain a primary medical qualification from a foreign university.
The issue of the certificate also underlies the fact that the studenthas to appear for a Screening Test by the MCI after having completed the medical course and returning to India. It is on clearing this test that he or she will receive a provisional or permanent registration of practising medicine.
It must as well be noted that the issuance of the certificate stands for permission to take up only an undergraduate degree in medicine in a foreign university. Similarly, failure to stick to any of the rules and regulations mentioned can lead to cancellation of the certificate.
As far as the eligibility criteria are concerned, no candidate shall be allowed admission to the Medical Curriculum proper of first Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course until:
- He/she has completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the MBBS Course.
- He/she has passed qualifying examination as under:
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination or 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study or equivalent, the last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
2. Please note that where the course content is not as less than 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to complete a year of pre-professional training before admission to the Medical colleges.