MBBS in Russia 2018 – Tuition Fees and Living Cost
MBBS in Russia- Tuition Fees, for academic year 2018 admission for MBBS in Russia. In this section you will get to know all about the tuition fees and living expenses for your MBBS course in Russia.
MBBSDIRECT MAGAZINE (HINDI) download करें और जाने विदेश से MBBS करने के लिए 7 सबसे बेहतर यूनिवर्सिटीज कौन सी हैं |
Students and their parents are always worried about living cost in Russia when they think about their MBBS in Russia. As a consultant our duty is to guide you and let you know about the cost and other expenses in details. Here in this section we will describe the tuition fee and living cost in two sections, Financial Advice for Student and, Financial Advice for Parents. First let’s take a look at financial advice for parents-
Financial Advice for Parents-
First you should know about the university fees, hostel charges, food charges and other miscellaneous expenses which are must for every guardian.
Russia has been a sought after destination for education, especially medical studies, because of the kind of infrastructure it has in every field. It would not be wrong the tag it as one of the best in education vertical. This is mainly the reason why MBBS or any other technical advances in Russia are a constant pull.
Temperature, technology & infrastructure
The history of Russia, which had revolution as a part, pushed it towards advanced technology and medical needs. The way this country took initiatives has made it one of the most active countries.
The summers here are seething with temperature going up to 45 Degree Celsius, and winters can be teeth chattering with temperature as low as -70 Degree Celsius.
Why Russia for MBBS studies?
Russian Medical study is considered to be one of the most advanced ones with the state-of-the-art equipment and advanced teaching methods across medical universities of the world. The ways to impart education are regulated and streamlined that results in extensive development of students in the specialities they choose.
The quality of education can be understood by this: About 30 positions in the world ranking of medical studies are occupied by the top Russian Medical Universities.
In comparison to the western countries who offer medical studies, Russia’s education standards are well developed and advanced. In regards to the analysis of student’s performance, their aptitude in mastering the topic is monitored closely.
Education Pattern in Russian Medical Universities
The Education pattern is outstanding in the Russian Medical Universities who offer education to many foreign students around the world. Many Indian students are studying MBBS in Russian Medical Universities.
The academic year begins from September in all the Russian institutions, wherein two semesters are held in an educational session, September to January month and February to June.
- 1st semester examinations are held in January.
- 2nd semester examinations are held in June.
While winter vacationsare from 20th January to 7th February, and summer vacations are from 15th July to 31st August.
Cost of Living
Apart from the university fees, living in Russia usually costs a sum of 100 US Dollars (6500 Indian Rupees) per month. This is normally enough for a student to pay for food and some extra expenses. Given the fact that Russia has lowest fees structure and affordable cost of living, it becomes a right choice for MBBS aspirants.
महत्वपूर्ण जानकारी : किसी भी विदेशी मेडिकल कॉलेज में दाखिला लेने से पहले आपको यह सुनिश्चित कर लेना चाहिए की उस मेडिकल यूनिवर्सिटी की भारत में मान्यता है अथवा नहीं | बहुत सारे एजेंट्स छात्रों को भ्रामक जानकारी देकर बिना मान्यता वाले कॉलेज में दाखिला करवा देते हैं, इस लिए MBBSDIRECT छात्रों को सलाह देती है की एडमिशन से पूर्व पूरी जांच पड़ताल कर लें |
MBBSDIRECT अपनी और से किसी भी छात्र को एडमिशन लेने के लिए कॉल नहीं करता है , विदेश में मेडिकल यूनिवर्सिटी में दाखिला लेने के इच्छुक विधार्थियों को सही जानकारी देने के लिए MBBSDIRECT सदेव तत्पर है, इसके लिए छात्र हमारे हेल्पलाइन नंबर 08750467185/ 09211210161 पर कॉल कर सकते हैं |
|Medical Universities in Russia||Total Fees 6 Yrs||RATING|
|Bashkir State Medical University||Rs. 14,00,000||(8.5/10)|
|Ulyanovsk State University||Rs. 15,55,000||(6.5/10)|
|Orenburg State Medical University||Rs. 16,00,000||(5.5/10)|
|Tyumen State Medical University||Rs. 17,00,000||(8/10)|
|Altai State Medical University||Rs. 17,25,000||(8/10)|
|Mari State University||Rs. 17,55,000||(7/10)|
|Omsk State Medical Academy||Rs. 19,50,000||(5/10)|
|Stavropol State Medical University||Rs. 20,58,000||(6/10)|
|Novosibirsk State Medical University||Rs. 20,90,000||(7/10)|
|Perm State Medical University||Rs. 21,00,000||(6/10)|
|Siberian State Medical University||Rs. 21,70,000||(7/10)|
|Kazan State Medical University||Rs. 23,00,000||(6/10)|
|Kazan Federal University||Rs. 24,50,000||(9/10)|
|Nizni-Novigorad State Medical University||Rs. 24,90,000||(5/10)|
|Volgograd State Medical University||Rs. 28,00,000||(6.5/10)|
|Saint-Petersburg State Medical University||Rs. 37,00,000||(8/10)|
|First Moscow State Medical University||Rs. 38,00,000||(8/10)|
|Russian National Research Medical University||Rs. 41,77,000||(8/10)|
|The Peoples’ Friendship University||Rs. 42,00,000||(8/10)|
|This is an approximate idea of total fee of your desired university. Students have to pay hostel fee, medical insurance and food charges. For more information please talk to authorized representative of MBBSDIRECT. Students helpline number – +91 9211210161 (WhatsApp or Call)|
Russian Medical study happens to be one of the most advanced ones for it uses well equipped teaching methods and stream lined techniques for the development of students in chosen specialities.
Over the period of time, Russia has become a popular destination for medical studies because of the teaching standards and low fee. That’s because the medical education in Russia is subsidized by the Russian government up to 70% which makes the fees of Russian medical colleges lower than other countries.
30 out of 100 top world ranking colleges are the Russian Medical Universities. And what sets them apart is the fact that they take no capitations fees or donations and easy admission process is carried out for MBBS in Russia. The average cost of studying MBBS in Russia is approx. 4000 USD per year.
Benefits of Pursuing MBBS from Russia:
- No donations to be paid
- Low cost and affordable study fees
- WHO, MCI Recognised medical colleges
- Low cost of living
- English medium MBBS course in Russia
- High end teaching standards
- Hostel accommodation with comfort
- Facilities for academics and sport
- Well-equipped hospitals with tertiary care units
- Easy admission process
- Worldwide Recognition of the degrees provided by Medical Universities of Russia
- Indian food is available at most canteens in the universities
- 100% Visa Guarantee
- All the universities are Government Universities of Russia
About the courses offered here:
MBBS Course – General Medicine, BDS Course – Dentistry, PHARMACY Course
Duration is 5.8 years for MBBS and 5 years for B.D.S and Pharmacy.
MBBS in India Eligibility Criteria
Since there is no entrance exam held, aspirants are eligible on the basis of following criteria:
General category candidates should have obtained 50% marks in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English at the higher secondary level, that is 10+2. Reserved category students with aggregate of 40% are eligible to apply.
As far as age is concerned, aspirant should have completed 17 years at the time of admission to the first year MBBS/BDS course. For reserved categories, this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 years. For the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Schedule Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
The admissions take place on a first come first served basis.
Cost of Living in Russia
It takes about 100 US Dollars per month in addition to university fees to stay in Russia. As this allows a student to pay for food and miscellaneous costs. Low fees, higher teaching standards and affordable cost of living makes Russia an ideal choice for studying MBBS.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Russia
- Kazan Federal University
- Altai State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Krasnoyarsk State Medical University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
- Kursk state medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Northern State Medical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Volgograd State University
- Perm State Medical University
- Syktyvkar State University
Given the fact that Russia has a fine reputation in the field of Medical Education for the quality they ensure. Moreover, the MBBS fee in Russia is very low if compared to Indian Medical Universities and private colleges. It is easy for any student from India to take direct MBBS Admission in top Medical Universities of Russia which are recognized from WHO and MCI.
Reasons to consider Russia
Russia is a land of medical experts since decades, and it is worth considering to study medicine because of uncountable reasons, some of which are:
- Feasibly priced education: Education in Russia is subsidised by the government and a student has to pay about Rupees 2.5 to 5 Lakhs annually for fees as well as accommodation.
- Availability of seats:The universities here have enough number of seats for all students and a huge patient to doctor ratio for them to practise medicine.
- Recognised Degrees:Government institutions in Russia offer internationally recognised degrees that are accredited by the Medical Council of India and WHO. This makes studentseligible to practice in any country they find comfortable.
- Students are trained in the MCI screening test so that they get registered to practice in India:The professors of the institutions are aware of the MCI regulations and the syllabus of these exams and an aspirant is simultaneously coached for the MCI screening test. Besides this, a student is also prepared for the USMLE entrance exam that happens if one wishes to study or practice in the USA.
- Languages of course: Medicinehere is taught in English and those who wish to practise in Russia are also taught the Russian Language alongside to be able to communicate with the local patients.
- Accommodation:In the university hostels, secure facilities for students are there and the rooms are well-furnished for the ease of MBBS students.
- Food:Russian food is rich in fat and carbohydrates and its main components are bread, meat, egg, potato and butter. Indian students can find many Indian restaurants in the country as well.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russian Universities
- Score:An aspirant should have obtained 50% marks in the Physics/Chemistry/Biology/English in XII standard(higher secondary or 10+2) level for the general category. However, all reserved category students having aggregate 40% marks can apply.
- Age: Should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or shall complete 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to MBBS/BDS Course.The maximum age limit is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the admission. However, this upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates of reserved classes.
- Entrance exam: There are no entrances examinations held and the admissions take place on a first come first served basis.
- Nationality: Should be an Indian National and must fulfil abovementioned criteria.
As per the rules of the Medical Council of India, an Indian student aspiring to pursue MBBS in Russia must complete his MBBS course from a university recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the UNESCO.
InRussia, the government universities provideinternationally recognised degrees which are accredited by the Medical Council of India and WHO. This makes Indian students get admission with ease and become eligible to practice medicine in India or any country they deem fit.
Also, in case a student thinks of return and practicing in India, a qualifying test is to cleared, commonly known as known as MCI screening test. The professors of the Russian medical institutions are aware of the MCI regulations and the exam patterns which puts them in a convenient position to simultaneously coach the students for the screening test.
The education in Russia is low cost, however, the fee structure differs from institution to institution.Some of the Russian Medical Universities charge approximately Rupees 12,00,000 while the figure can go up to Rupees 28,00,000 for the entire course. The fees though can be paid in yearly instalments. The Russian universities let students visit their homeland almost six times in six years. Thus, the travelling expenses might cost around Rupees 30,000.
For detailed information on the fee structure of each institution, you can check with the consultancy or refer to the details below:
- Altai State Medical University: The education fees of this university for the first year is US$ 5500. The fee for subsequent five years US$ 2750 per year. Hence, the total fees for six years MBBS course is Rupees 14 lakh. This fees includes tuition fees, study material, hostel accommodation and life plus health insurance.
- Irkutsk State Medical University: The total tuition fee for all six years amount to approximately Rupees 14,90, 400 and can be paid in instalments. It is inclusive of tuition fee for MBBS program, study materials, hostel accommodation and life plus health insurance. The cost of living might vary from person to person.
- Novosibirsk State Medical University: The educational fee structure for the entire six years is about Rupees 15,09,640. It can be paid in yearly instalments too. The cost of living expenditure depends on how the student spends the money.
- Omsk State Medical University: This university charges approximately Rupees 13,00,000/- for the six year MBBS course. This comprises tuition fee, study materials, hostel accommodation, life plus health insurance. Routine expenditures would be over and above it.
- Petersburg State University: This University has a comparatively low fee structure when compared to other universities of Russia. The total fees for six years’ medical course is Rupees 21,90,240. It comprises tuition fee, study materials, hostel accommodation, life as well as health insurance Cost of living expenditure is over and above, and must be borne by the student on his own.
- Tambov State Medical Academy: Herein, the total money charged for tuition fees, study material, hostel accommodation and life and health insurance for six years is Rupees 12,77,100.
- Besides these, Tver State Medical Academy Charges for 6 year fee is around Rupees 14,88,942 and Peoples Friendship University of Russia costs Rupees 28,80,900.
Please Note: Medical Universities of Russia take in aspirants from across the world, and a huge number of applicants who want to pursue MBBS in Russia apply. But the seats are limited and hence admissions are given strictly on a first come first served basis. Your entry to the university depends on the final discretion of the university and seat availability. Thus, it is advisable to apply early to get admission to the top medical colleges of Russia.
|Rs. 150||Meal at a Average Restaurants|
|Rs. 600||Meal of 2 person in a good restaurant|
|Rs. 16||A bottle of Water (500ml.)|
|Rs. 42||Milk (1 lt)|
|Rs. 45||Banana 1kg|
|Rs. 90||Apple 1kg|
|Rs. 40||Rice 1kg (good quality)|
|Rs. 11/km||Taxi tariff|
|Rs. 25 (approx)||Within 5km local travel in buses, trams|
|Rs. 2200||1 Pair of Levis 501 jeans in a mall|
|Rs. 1000||1 pair of jeans in a shop in the city|
|Rs. 3000||1 Pair of Nike Shoes|
|Rs. 1000||1 Pair of Local Leather shoes|
|Rs. 15,000/month rent||1 BHK Apartment in city center (Fully Furnished)|
|Rs. 9000/month Rent||1 BHK Apartment not in city center (Fully Furnished)|
So you can generally see that living in Russian Cities (Except Moscow and St. Petersburg) is cheaper than Living in New Delhi or Mumbai.
If you have any confusion about anything, please call our consultants at MBBS Direct and discuss anything in detail.