- June 13, 2018
- Posted by: Swetha Harilal
- Category: MBBS in China
China has over 6,000 Indian students pursuing medicine in its various universities. The stature and strength of Chinese medical education are growing and it definitely attracts international students for opting China as a destination for pursuing MBBS from abroad. Here are the 10 reasons to study MBBS in China:
1) The growth and reputation of the education system in China is quite evident in the Times Higher Education BRICS and Emerging Economies Rankings 2016. The rankings released on 2nd December 2017 highlights China as more influential in the educational field than all other nations of BRICS (which includes- Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) and 30 other emerging economies.
2) The major investment programmes, such as- the “211 Project” (concentrated support on 118 universities) and the “985 Project” (zeroed in on the country’s 39 leading institutions) have given medical education a big boost.
3) The severe shortage of medical schools in India has also led to a major flow of Indian students for pursuing medical studies in China. The influence of the Chinese education system is now widely acknowledged among international students and also, the cost of medical education in China is quite low.
4) Currently, China has started to open international campuses of its own and the World Class 2.0 initiative aims to create international hubs within China in partnership with leading overseas institutions.
5) The Chinese government has established a goal of attracting 500,000 international students by 2020 and is focused on the expansion of international links between Chinese universities and institutions abroad.
6) The cultural diversity while studying MBBS in China provide the students with an opportunity to learn about different countries along with their respective cultural and religious beliefs. The medical universities in China help in bringing the world closer to each other through constant interaction among various groups of students.
7) Most of the universities have introduced the English language as the main medium of instruction for student’s convenience. The medical faculty of universities in China are mostly impressive, promising high standard and reliable education system. The lab facilities of medical universities are of superior quality and all the types of equipment and machinery are modern and up to global standards.
8) The accommodation facilities for international students are remarkable in medical universities of China. The cost of living is much lower in China than in the other countries of the world. International students don’t have to worry about food as the universities have their own mess which provides a variety of cuisines to choose from.
9) To help international students to learn the magnificent and attractive Chinese culture and custom, most Chinese universities organize all kinds of special activities. The cultural events at the universities represent several countries on the campus and each student gets to leave a unique impression during their campus life.
10) China is a peaceful place with social harmony and good public security. The government takes special care to provide international students with a safe study and living environment on campus.