- January 21, 2019
- Posted by: MBBSDIRECT Editorial
- Category: Application Process
Admission Process for MBBS in Abroad
Since 2017, the process of medical admission has become smoother in the government and private medical colleges as it is done strictly through the entrance test – NEET, which is mandatory for medical aspirants whether to study MBBS in India or in abroad. Once the results are announced for 12th standard board exams and after the AIPMT in May, the students usually know their stands in the competition. Therefore, this is a good time for the students to look for an opportunity to pursue MBBS in abroad without any additional entrance exams and within the limited budget of the student. Broadly, MBBS course duration (such as MBBS in Russia, MBBS in Ukraine, MBBS in China and MBBS in Kyrgyzstan) is of 2 types for MBBS abroad. These are:
- 5 year course abroad and internship in India (saves 1 year, as well as students can expect to save around Rs. 4-5 lakh by avoiding the fees for the 6th year).
- 6 year course abroad with mandatory internship abroad (75% of the programs are for 6 years).
Choosing the right Country for studying MBBS Abroad:
- Decide your budget for studying MBBS in abroad (for quality and low cost options, consider- MBBS in Russia, MBBS in Ukraine, MBBS in China and MBBS in Kyrgyzstan).
- Check the number of Indians in that country who are pursuing MBBS at low cost.
- Check the weather conditions of the selected country.
- Check the medium of study for MBBS course.
- Look for safety aspects for Indian students.
- Note cultural differences and diversities in that particular country, for the students.
- Check the population in the city as well as in nearby cities for higher patients flow.
- Calculate the estimated living expense in the country, for Indian students, while studying MBBS.
Choosing the right University for studying MBBS Abroad:
- Check the grade of the university.
- Look for the experience of the university in teaching MBBS in English.
- Check the infrastructure and facilities of the hospital affiliations.
- Note the quality of library and canteens provided by the university.
- Calculate the estimated tuition fees and hostel charges of the university.
- Check the number of Indian students studying at the university.
Top Destinations for MBBS in Abroad includes:
MBBS in China –
Average Fees: Rs. 20 lakh onwards
Duration: 6 years
Apply by: 15th July
MBBS in Russia –
Average Fees: Rs. 15 lakh onwards
Duration: 6 years
Apply by: 31st July
MBBS in Ukraine –
Average Fees: Rs. 21 lakh onwards
Duration: 6 years
Apply by: 10th July
The process for admission in MBBS abroad can be simple through reliable overseas education consultants. The student just has to submit the required documents and the process for admission would be initiated immediately. The documents required for admission in MBBS from abroad includes:
- 12th standard board exam results with eligibility matching as per the university.
- Copy of the NEET score card.
- Copy of the passport.
The students must make sure not to hand over their passports, to their respective consultant, before their admission letters have been issued. The next step is to get the Invitation from the Ministry of Education from that country and then apply for Visa.
3 steps are required after completing MBBS from abroad in a MCI approved university:
- Clear MCI Screening Test or FMGE.
- Complete 1 year of internship in India.
- Registration process with MCI as a medical practitioner.