Quick Facts About MBBS from Bangladesh
Recognition: The medical universities or colleges are recognised by MCI and WHO
Language of Instruction: English
Food: Similar to the food available in India; students can also make their own food
Climate: Average Annual Temperature is +25 °C; Average Annual Rainfall is 1,600 mm
Safety and Security: Most colleges have hostel facility available that ensures student’s safety
Airport: There are daily flights going from India to Bangladesh and vice versa; the travelling cost is very low
Total Fees: Ranges between 24-30 Lakh Rupees for 5 years (approx.)
MBBS Course Duration: 5 years of study with clinical or electives every year + 1 year of Internship (can be done in India)
MBBS Course Structure: Semester system is followed; divided into 3 phases: Pre-clinical phase, Para-clinical Phase, and Clinical Phase. Each semester is of 6 months
Application Begins: June-July
Academic Session Begins: January-April
Admission Procedure: Direct in most of the universities
Bangladesh has become an emerging destination for students from various countries like India, Nepal, and others for pursuing medical studies. Each year, the number of international students applying in top medical universities of Bangladesh is increasing. The cost of living and education in Bangladesh is quite affordable in comparison to other medical colleges around the world. The students who graduate from medical universities in Bangladesh are eligible to appear for major tests like the USMLE, PLAB, the screening examination conducted by MCI and can practice in all countries across the globe.
Benefits of studying MBBS in Bangladesh:
- Most of the medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized by WHO and UNESCO, which make them globally acknowledged.
- There are no entrance examinations for admission in most of the medical universities.
- No donation is required to get admission in medical colleges in Bangladesh.
- Students get an opportunity to do internship in some of the best multi-national companies and hospitals of the world.
- Practical and experimental methods are used to improve the skills of medical students.
- Remarkable quality of infrastructure, education system, and accommodation in comparison to other developing countries.
- The hospitals are also well-equipped with great infrastructure and latest technology.
- The cost of living in Bangladesh is quite affordable as compared to other countries across the world.
- The medical students get to attend various international seminars and conferences throughout the course.
- Students can rely on world class education, high quality standard of living, and well experienced staff to guide.
- Good and affordable accommodation with all the necessary facilities is provided by the medical universities.
Requirements for MBBS in Bangladesh:
- The aspirant must have a passport in order to travel to Bangladesh.
- The student should be 17 years old or above before December 31 of the year in which the student is seeking admission.
- A student will not be eligible for MBBS in Bangladesh if there is a gap of more than 2 years after completing class 12th.
- The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12th and should have scored minimum 60% aggregate marks in class 12th (more than 60% marks in Biology is required).
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent should be 8.00
- Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent should be 3.5
- Minimum GPA in biology should be 3.5
- Also, now all medical students have to clear NEET exam, from 2018 onwards, to study MBBS in Bangladesh; without which they will not be allowed to sit for the screening test.