Quick Facts about MBBS in Germany
Recognition of Universities by: World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Organization (UNO), Foundation for Advancement of International, Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), Medical Council of India (MCI)
Language of Instruction: German
MBBS Course Duration: 7.5 years
Food: Mess facilities available at university hostels
Living Cost: 32,000 Rupees per month (approx.)
Language Training: 400,000 Rupees (for 7.5 month)
Average Temperature: +3°C (January), +22°C (July)
Airport: The country has several international airports
Total Fees: Rs. 1,350,000 Rupees for 7 years (approx.)
MBBS Course Structure: 7.5 years of course includes- 1.5 year of pre-language training + 5 years of course + 1 year of internship
Application Deadline: 15th July
Admission Procedure: Entrance Exam
One of the most preferred destinations for higher education, Germany provides excellent education for medical aspirants. The standard of education for MBBS in Germany is quite high and well appreciated by international students. In terms of infrastructure and faculty, the German medical institutions and universities can be compared with top medical colleges around the globe. The entire medical program can be done by the Indian student at a low cost and the standard of education and living are up to US, Canada, or UK standards. Almost every medical university in Germany has its own hospitals and other state-of-the-art infrastructure undoubtedly better than most of the Indian medical institutes. Germans are the leaders in Medical Technology and Medical Equipment which is reflected through their medical education system.
- Minimum 60% in 12th board exams
- Preferably cleared 1st year of graduation
- Student must clear NEET exam
- Cleared IELTS/ TOEFL
- Excellent records or past achievements
- German Language proficiency is an advantage
Availability of Seats for MBBS in Germany:
There are 36 medical universities in Germany and every year around 10,000 new students enrol for MBBS and MD, of which 5% seats are allotted to international students.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Germany:
- The medical education in Germany offers low education.
- Germany provides the best and the most economical study options at some of the top medical universities of the world.
- Medical programs of universities in Germany are recognized across the globe.
- From the 2nd year onwards the students studying MBBS in Germany are allowed to work part-time which takes care of the living expense. Part-time jobs are allowed for 20 hours per week.
- The remuneration during Post Graduation course is around 2,000,000 Rupees.
- Since Germany is a part of the European Union, students can easily move to any of the European countries.
- Upon completion of the Medical PG in Germany, students get work permit very easily in comparison to other countries. Students can apply for permanent residence (Blue Card) after working for 3 years.
- Students are allowed to stay for 18 months after the completion of their degree, during which they can conveniently earn approximately 4,060,000 Rupees per annum.
- Student can practice medicine in any European country without any inconvenience after completing MBBS in Germany.
- Starting salary upon completion of MBBS course in Germany is approximately 4,065,000 per annum.
- Germany has extremely easy VISA process and the VISA processing time is around 8 to 12 weeks.
- Student gets an opportunity to learn a new language, i.e., German. The TestDaf is a central, standardized test for German as a foreign language, which can be passed at many locations in Germany and abroad.
- The German test is taken at the respective university which has been chosen by the student for the studies.