St. Mary’s School of Medicine, Cook Islands
The ambition to pursue a career in becoming a medical doctor or a nurse is very important and choosing the right institution is an important consideration that will significantly affect the life and career of the student. We recommend St. Mary’s School of Medicine to pursue your career in medicine. St. Mary’s School of Medicine is located on the Cooks Islands. The institution proudly gears and commits to providing quality medical and nursing education to students at an affordable cost who want to fulfill their life-long dream to become a medical doctor or nurse, and also being able to practice medicine and serve the community in the Cook Islands and even abroad.
University at a Glance:
Established: St. Marys School of Medicine, Cook Islands is founded in 1998.
University Type: Government
Number of International Students: More than 2000
Hostel Type: Private hostel
Yearly Tuition Fee: $5500.00 per trimester
Eligibility: Should have attained ninety semester credit hours from an accredited institution.
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: July, 1 of the academic year
St. Mary’s School of Medicine has been granted full accreditation by the Government of the Cook Islands to operate as a postsecondary degree granting educational institute. The college offers medical and nursing degree programs. St. Mary’s School of Medicine is registered with the 7th Edition of the World Health Organization publication and also with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. The college has received an Approval, Accreditation and Recognition of its Medical and Nursing Programs by numerous renowned organizations such as Government of the Cook Islands, Cook Islands Ministry of Health, Cook Islands Medical Council and Cook Islands Nursing Council.
The college is also listed with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. This allows the students and graduates of the college to be eligible to take the United States Medical Licensing Examination. In the university the medical students need to complete basic medical course first than they goes to medical degree program. The second and final phase of the course includes 86 weeks of clinical rotation in numerous hospitals in United states or abroad.
Why Should I Study in St. Mary’s School of Medicine?
The best thing to study medicine from St. Mary’s School is that you get a lot of options to select from. The university offers a range of medicine programs with easy course structure. Let us learn more to know the other advantages to study medicine from St. Mary’s school, Cook Islands.
- The college has separate girls and boy’s hostel.
- Indian food is available in the cafeterias
- Accommodation is available on campus
- University has dedicated Alumni Association to entertain alumni requests
- The college has a complete IT infrastructure
- The institution is MCI recognized
- Internationally recognized university
- Library facility available in the collage
- Low cost of study and living
- University follows easy admission process
- Good climate condition
- Provides counselling service to support students, local languages learning programs
- Medical facilities are provided to the students.
- The college has a large auditorium.
- well-equipped Gym facilities is available inside university campus
- Well updated laboratories for practice