Ain Shams University is the third higher education medical institution in Egypt. The university is the oldest medical school in Egypt. Every year, the university conducts a conference on advanced medical science researches.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1950
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: More than 10000
Hostel Type: No
Climate: Hot and Dry
Yearly Tuition Fee: 1,000 USD (Tuition fee) + $309-544 USD/Month (Hostel Fee)
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 55% in PCB + Medical Certificate
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Ain Shams University, Egypt
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Ain Shams University, Egypt must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Ain Shams University, Egypt
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Provides science and technology development fund for students.
- University has multiple special units like Unit of measurement and evaluation, Middle East Research, and Future Studies Center.
- Open learning and E-learning Center.
- Highly qualified staff.
- Provides scholarships to its students.
- Provision of Student transfer service.
Cost of Education At Ain Shams University, Egypt
Overview of Ain Shams University, Egypt
Ain Shams University was known as the Ibrahim Pasha university. The university is ranked 667 internationally, and 3 nationally. The university has eight campuses- two of them are on the road El-Khalifa El-Maamoun. The main campus of the university is situated in Greater Cairo. The university also has a distinct institution for women that has a Faculty of Education and Faculty of Specific Education. Other campuses of the university are situated in Heliopolis, Shubra El Kheima, and Abassia.
The Ain Shams University has multiple faculties for medical education such as the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, and Faculty of Specific Education. In addition to this, the university also provides courses in Environmental Studies, and Research and languages. The university has 1 college, 12 centers, a Special unit, and 2 high school institutions. University also has a central library, science education, and development center, and childhood center.
The ASU believes in the overall enhancement of the students. It is the reason the university offers numerous facilities to its students such as the General Administration of Youth Welfare, Sports center, Department of Artistic Activity, Scientific and Technological Committee, and student union. In medical research, the university has 6147 publications, 10 official projects, 3080 journals, and 171574 theses. Students are allowed to access all the research data while studying at the university. The university also conducts international conferences, and has links with multiple universities and organizations.
The university does not offer a hostel facility; however, there are ample cozy apartments nearby. The rooms are clean, affordable, spacious, and well presented. Most of the apartment has 24*7 Wi-Fi access. The quality of the food is also excellent.