MBBS in Russia 2020: Fee Structure and Top Universities
Academic Year Starts : 1st September 2020
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020
Approx. Tuition + Accommodation Fee: Rs. 21 Lakh for 6 Years
Approx. Food Expense: Rs. 84,000/- Yearly
Eligibility: 50% in PCB in 12th Standard, NEET qualification Mandatory
MBBS in Russia Fee Structure 2020
Students and their parents are always worried about living cost in Russia when they think about their MBBS in Russia. As a consultant, our duty is to guide you and let you know about the cost and other expenses in details. Here in this section, we will describe the tuition fee and living cost for MBBS in Russia in two sections, Financial Advice for Student and, Financial Advice for Parents. First, let’s take a look at financial advice for parents-
First, you should know about the university fees, hostel charges, food charges and other miscellaneous expenses which are must for every guardian.
Russia has been a sought-after destination for education, especially medical studies, because of the kind of infrastructure it has in every field. It would not be wrong the tag it as one of the best in the education vertical. This is mainly the reason why MBBS in Russia is a constant pull.
Below is the tuition fee, hostel fee, medical insurance, and visa extension expenses in the Russian universities. Below fee structure does not include the students living cost in Russia i.e., his pocket money, his traveling to India expenses, and food costs.
Fees are payable in Russian Rubles. Below fee structure is in Indian Currency (equivalent to the similar amount in Rubles) for your better understanding
|S.N.||University Name||Fee for 6 Years including Tuition Fee, Hostel Fee and Miscellaneous|
|Complete Course in English Medium for 6 Years|
|1||Far Eastern Federal University||₹23.96 Lakh|
|2||Kazan Federal University||₹27.86 Lakh|
|3||Privolzhsky Research Medical University||₹22.75 Lakh|
|4||Volgograd State Medical University||₹27.30 Lakh|
|5||First Moscow State Medical University||₹38.01 Lakh|
|6||Kazan State Medical University||₹27.86 Lakh|
|7||Russian National Research Medical University||₹29.50 Lakh|
Only above 7 Universities in Russia are offering Medical Program in English Medium for whole 6 Years. There are other 32 Bilingual Universities in Russia listed in MCI.
What does it means by English Medium and Bilingual Medium?
|English Medium||Bilingual Medium|
|1||All 6 Years Lectures, Exam will be in English||2 Years Lectures and Exam in English, 4 Years Exam and Lectures will be in Russian Language|
|2||Clinical Practice where there will be an interaction between medical student and patient, that will be in Russian as Russian Patients prefer to speak in Russian||Clinical Practice where there will be an interaction between medical student and patient, that will be in Russian as Russian Patients prefer to speak in Russian|
|3||Exam will be conducted in English Language only||Exam will be conducted in Russian Language after 2nd Year|
|4||There are only 7 Universities in Russia which offers MBBS in English Medium for 6 Years (Written Above)||All universities other than above written 7 universities are offering Bilingual MBBS Course|
What agent says who promote Bilingual Universities?
“University is fully English medium for 6 years, patients interaction is in local language because they prefer to speak their native language. Because of the patients interaction in Local language, people are saying it bilingual. You don’t need to worry, you should proceed your application.
What students should do?
Unless you are 100% confident about learning a pro-level Russian language in 1-2 Years, you should never take admission in any Bilingual University. There are only 7 Universities in Russia which are offering MBBS (Clinical Medicine) in English Medium.
Please note that above fees are only tuition fees and hostel fee with visa renewal & medical insurance. Student have to wear his own living expenses i.e., food and pocket money.
Fees are payable in Ruble and can be accepted in USD or any other currencies. Above fees are in Indian Rupee and have been calculated on Jan 30, 2019 by the conversion rate 1 Ruble = 1.07 Indian Rupee. At the time of payment of fees, the conversion rate will be applicable.
MBBS in Russia Eligibility
- 12th Marks & NEET Score: An aspirant should have obtained 50% marks in the Physics/Chemistry/Biology/English in XII standard(higher secondary or 10+2) level for the general category. However, all reserved category students having aggregate 40% marks can apply. Student must also qualified in NEET 2019 Test.
- Age: Should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or shall complete 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to MBBS/BDS Course. The maximum age limit is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the admission. However, this upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates of reserved classes.
- Entrance exam: There are no entrances examinations held and the admissions take place on a first come first served basis.
- Nationality: Should be an Indian National and must fulfil above mentioned criteria.
A Valid NEET Scorecard which must verify that the student is NEET Qualified.
Benefits of Pursuing MBBS from Russia:
- No donations to be paid
- Low cost and affordable study fees
- WHO, MCI Recognised medical colleges
- Low cost of living
- English medium MBBS course in Russia
- High-end teaching standards
- Hostel accommodation with comfort
- Facilities for academics and sport
- Well-equipped hospitals with tertiary care units
- Easy admission process
- Worldwide Recognition of the degrees provided by Medical Universities of Russia
- Indian food is available at most canteens in the universities
- 100% Visa Guarantee
- All the universities are Government Universities of Russia
Temperature, Technology & Infrastructure
As per the rules of the Medical Council of India, an Indian student aspiring to pursue MBBS in Russia must complete his MBBS course from a university recognized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the UNESCO.
The history of Russia, which had a revolution as a part, pushed it towards advanced technology and medical needs. The way this country took initiatives has made it one of the most active countries.
The summers here are seething with temperature going up to 45 Degree Celsius, and winters can be teeth chattering with temperature as low as -40 Degree Celsius.
Why Russia for MBBS studies?
Russian Medical study is considered to be one of the most advanced ones with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced teaching methods across medical universities of the world. The ways to impart education are regulated and streamlined that result in the extensive development of students in the specialties they choose. The quality of education can be understood by this: About 30 positions in the world ranking of medical studies are occupied by the top Russian Medical Universities. In comparison to the western countries who offer medical studies, Russia’s education standards are well developed and advanced. In regards to the analysis of student’s performance, their aptitude in mastering the topic is monitored closely.
Education Pattern in Russian Medical Universities
The education pattern is outstanding in the Russian Medical Universities who offer education to a lot of foreign students around the world. Many Indian students are studying MBBS in Russian Medical Universities. The academic year begins from September in all the Russian institutions, wherein two semesters are held in an academic session, which is from September to January and from February to June.
- 1st-semester examinations are held in January.
- 2nd-semester examinations are held in June.
While winter vacations are from 20th January to 7th February, and summer vacations are from 15th July to 31st August.
Russian Medical Universities happens to be one of the most advanced ones for it uses well-equipped teaching methods and streamlined techniques for the development of students in chosen specialties.
Over the period of time, Russia has become a popular destination for medical studies because of the teaching standards and low fee. That’s because the medical education in Russia is subsidized by the Russian government up to 70% which makes the fees of Russian medical colleges lower than other countries.
30 out of 100 top world ranking colleges are the Russian Medical Universities. And what sets them apart is the fact that they take no capitations fees or donations and easy admission process is carried out for MBBS in Russia. The average cost of studying MBBS in Russia is approx. 4000 USD per year.
About the courses offered here:
MBBS Course – General Medicine, BDS Course – Dentistry, PHARMACY Course
Duration of MBBS Course in Russia is 6 Years.
Duration of BDS Course in Russia is 5 Years
Cost of Living in Russia
Apart from the university fees, living in Russia usually costs a sum of 100 US Dollars (6500 Indian Rupees) per month. This is normally enough for a student to pay for food and some extra expenses. Given the fact that Russia has the lowest fees structure and affordable cost of living, it becomes the right choice for MBBS aspirants.
It takes about 100 US Dollars per month in addition to university fees to stay in Russia. As this allows a student to pay for food and miscellaneous costs. Low fees, higher teaching standards and affordable cost of living make Russia an ideal choice for studying MBBS.
Given the fact that Russia has a fine reputation in the field of Medical Education for the quality they ensure. Moreover, the MBBS fee in Russia is very low if compared to Indian Medical Universities and private colleges. It is easy for any student from India to take direct MBBS Admission in top Medical Universities of Russia which are recognized from WHO and MCI.
Reasons to consider Russia
Russia is a land of medical experts for decades, and it is worth considering to study medicine because of uncountable reasons, some of which are:
- Feasibly priced education: Education in Russia is subsidised by the government and a student has to pay about Rupees 2.5 to 5 Lakhs annually for fees as well as accommodation.
- Availability of seats: The universities here have enough number of seats for all students and a huge patient to doctor ratio for them to practise medicine.
- Recognised Degrees: Government institutions in Russia offer internationally recognised degrees that are accredited by the Medical Council of India and WHO. This makes students eligible to practice in any country they find comfortable.
- Students are trained in the MCI screening test so that they get registered to practice in India: The professors of the institutions are aware of the MCI regulations and the syllabus of these exams and an aspirant is simultaneously coached for the MCI screening test. Besides this, a student is also prepared for the USMLE entrance exam that happens if one wishes to study or practice in the USA.
- Languages of course: Medicine here is taught in English and those who wish to practise in Russia are also taught the Russian Language alongside to be able to communicate with the local patients.
- Accommodation: In the university hostels, secure facilities for students are there and the rooms are well-furnished for the ease of MBBS students.
- Food: Russian food is rich in fat and carbohydrates and its main components are bread, meat, egg, potato and butter. Indian students can find many Indian restaurants in the country as well.
In Russia, the government universities provide internationally recognised degrees which are accredited by the Medical Council of India and WHO. This makes Indian students get admission with ease and become eligible to practice medicine in India or any country they deem fit.
Also, in case a student thinks of return and practising in India, a qualifying test is to clear, commonly known as known as the MCI screening test. The professors of the Russian medical institutions are aware of the MCI regulations and the exam patterns which puts them in a convenient position to simultaneously coach the students for the screening test.