MBBS in Russia 2021 – Tuition Fee, Eligibility and Top Universities for MBBS
MBBS in Russia Quick Facts
Academic Year Starts : 1st September 2021
Approx. Tuition + Accommodation Fee: Rs. 21 Lakh for 6 Years
Approx. Food Expense: Rs. 84,000/- Yearly
Eligibility: 50% in PCB in 12th Standard, NEET qualification Mandatory
Duration of MBBS Course in Russia is 6 Years.
Request a call back
MBBS in Russia Fee Structure
|University Name||6 Yrs Tuition Fee|
|Far Eastern Federal University||₹18.00 Lac|
|St. Petersburg University||₹21.00 Lac|
|Kazan Federal University||₹28.00 Lac|
|Belgorod National Research University||₹22.00 Lac|
|Petrozavodsk State University||₹15.00 Lac|
|Bashkir State Medical University||₹17.00 Lac|
|Altai State Medical University||₹24.00 Lac|
|Kuban State Medical University||₹15.00 Lac|
|Crimean Federal University||₹25.00 Lac|
MBBS in Russia Eligibility 2021
- 12th Marks: PCB score Min. 50% for General Candidates, 40% for Reserved Categories.
- Age: Candidates must be min. 17 years old and max. 25 years old.
- NEET Qualification is Mandatory.
Cost of Living in Russia
Apart from the university fees, living in Russia usually costs a sum of 200 US Dollars (14000 Indian Rupees) per month. This is normally enough for a student to pay for food and some extra expenses. Given the fact that Russia has the lowest fees structure and affordable cost of living, it becomes the right choice for MBBS aspirants.
Given the fact that Russia has a fine reputation in the field of Medical Education for the quality they ensure. It is easy for any student from India to take direct MBBS Admission in top Medical Universities of Russia which are recognized from WHO.
MBBS in Russia FAQ
Which Universities offer English Medium MBBS, in Russia?
There are many English medium universities in Russia for MBBS. We recommend few out of them as following-
- Crimea Federal University – High FMGE Passing Percentage
- Kazan Federal University – World Ranking 370
- Altai State Medical University – Top Russian Medical University, High Quality Facilities
- Bashkir State Medical University – Low Cost and Great Facilities
- Far Eastern Federal University – World Ranking 493
What are the important factors for university selection?
Students must select university after carefully consideration of following factors-
- University Research output
- University World Ranking
- Medium of Study
- Hospital Attached
- Nice Accommodation Facilities
- Urban Campus
Which University in Russia offering English Medium MBBS at the Lowest Fee?
Far Eastern Federal University in Russia is offering English Medium MBBS at lowest cost. Expense of Tuition Fee, Hostel Fee, Medical Insurance and Visa (All inclusive for 6 Years) is ₹20.25 lakh . It is the lowest in Russia among English Medium Universities.
What will be the living cost in Russia per month including food?
While living in the university accommodation, students might need upto ₹14,000/month for their living expenses including food and personal expenses.
Will there be any problem because of very cold weather of Russia?
It is true that weather in Russia is very cold and so they developed their infrastructure accordingly. Government provide centralized heater in every building so the temperature inside building is always around 25C.
When outside, students need to wear Russian jackets and shoes.
So you won’t face any problem in Russia because of the temperature.
Does 6 Year MBBS Course in Russia includes internship as well?
Yes, it does. but Indian students need to do the one-year internship again in India as per the guidelines of MCI.
What will be the validity of MBBS Degree from Russian Universities?
If you want to practice in India, you must take admission in the universities which are listed in MCI.
If you have plan to practice elsewhere, check the respective country’s guideline for medical universities. Generally almost all the Russian universities offer worldwide valid degree.
When will the classes start in the Russian Universities?
For MBBS in Russia for International Students –
For First Year Students – Classes starts from October 15th every year in state universities, and from August 25th every year in Federal Universities.
Because of Covid-19 pandemic, classes will be online from October till December. As Russia launched its Covid-19 vaccine, so Russian universities can start in-campus classes from October 15th, 2020. We will update you about that.
When will be the vacation while studying MBBS in Russia?
There are two major vacations for the MBBS students –
Winter Vacation: 20 days vacation from Mid January till Fist Week of February.
Summer Vacation: 2 months vacations from mid June till End August.
What does it means by English Medium and Bilingual Medium?
|English Medium||Bilingual Medium|
|1||All 6 Years Lectures, Exam will be in English||2 Years Lectures and Exam in English, 4 Years Exam and Lectures will be in Russian Language|
|2||Clinical Practice where there will be an interaction between medical student and patient, that will be in Russian as Russian Patients prefer to speak in Russian||Clinical Practice where there will be an interaction between medical student and patient, that will be in Russian as Russian Patients prefer to speak in Russian|
|3||Exam will be conducted in English Language only||Exam will be conducted in Russian Language after 2nd Year|
|4||There are only 7 Universities in Russia which offers MBBS in English Medium for 6 Years (Written Above)||All universities other than above written 7 universities are offering Bilingual MBBS Course|
What agent says who promote Bilingual Universities?
“University is fully English medium for 6 years, patients interaction is in local language because they prefer to speak their native language. Because of the patients interaction in Local language, people are saying it bilingual. You don’t need to worry, you should proceed your application.
What students should do?
Unless you are 100% confident about learning a pro-level Russian language in 1-2 Years, you should never take admission in any Bilingual University. There are few Universities in Russia which are offering MBBS (Clinical Medicine) in English Medium.
Why Russia for MBBS studies?
As per the rules of the Medical Council of India, an Indian student aspiring to pursue MBBS in Russia must complete his MBBS course from a university recognized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the UNESCO
Russian Medical study is considered to be one of the most advanced ones with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced teaching methods across medical universities of the world. The ways to impart education are regulated and streamlined that result in the extensive development of students in the specialties they choose. The quality of education can be understood by this: About 30 positions in the world ranking of medical studies are occupied by the top Russian Medical Universities. In comparison to the western countries who offer medical studies, Russia’s education standards are well developed and advanced. In regards to the analysis of student’s performance, their aptitude in mastering the topic is monitored closely.
Russian Medical Universities happens to be one of the most advanced ones for it uses well-equipped teaching methods and streamlined techniques for the development of students in chosen specialties.
Over the period of time, Russia has become a popular destination for medical studies because of the teaching standards and low fee. That’s because the medical education in Russia is subsidized by the Russian government up to 70% which makes the fees of Russian medical colleges lower than other countries.
Reasons to consider Russia
Russia is a land of medical experts for decades, and it is worth considering to study medicine because of uncountable reasons, some of which are:
- Feasibly priced education: Education in Russia is subsidised by the government and a student has to pay about Rupees 2.5 to 5 Lakhs annually for fees as well as accommodation.
- Availability of seats: The universities here have enough number of seats for all students and a huge patient to doctor ratio for them to practise medicine.
- Recognised Degrees: Government institutions in Russia offer internationally recognised degrees that are accredited by the Medical Council of India and WHO. This makes students eligible to practice in any country they find comfortable.
- Students are trained in the MCI screening test so that they get registered to practice in India: The professors of the institutions are aware of the MCI regulations and the syllabus of these exams and an aspirant is simultaneously coached for the MCI screening test. Besides this, a student is also prepared for the USMLE entrance exam that happens if one wishes to study or practice in the USA.
- Languages of course: Medicine here is taught in English and those who wish to practise in Russia are also taught the Russian Language alongside to be able to communicate with the local patients.
- Accommodation: In the university hostels, secure facilities for students are there and the rooms are well-furnished for the ease of MBBS students.
- Food: Russian food is rich in fat and carbohydrates and its main components are bread, meat, egg, potato and butter. Indian students can find many Indian restaurants in the country as well.