Alexandria University was established in 1938, and is located in Alexandria, Egypt. It started out as a satellite of Foud University. It was not until 1942 that it became an independent university. The founding rector of the public university was known as Taha Hussein. This university is the second largest in Egypt, and has forged many affiliations with other universities for ongoing research.
University at a Glance:
Established: Formed in 1938
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 5000+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Very dry summers/Mediterranean during winter
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD1000
Eligibility: 2.5GPA, 60% in 10 + 2
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in ALEXANDRIA UNIVERSITY, EGYPT
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at ALEXANDRIA UNIVERSITY, EGYPT must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join ALEXANDRIA UNIVERSITY, EGYPT
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Provides students opportunity to conduct research.
- It has highly qualified lecturers who are competent.
- It has adequate resources and equipments to cater to student’s needs.
- It encourages exchange programs with foreign universities.
- Its long history has given it a good reputation nationally and internationally
Cost of Education At ALEXANDRIA UNIVERSITY, EGYPT
Overview of ALEXANDRIA UNIVERSITY, EGYPT
The president of the university is Dr. Essam El-Kurdi. Alexandria is one of the largest universities in Egypt. It was the third university to be formed after Cairo University, and the American University in Cairo. The university has other branches in Egypt in Damanhour and Matrouh both outside Alexandria. The two later became independent universities. The school has branches outside Egypt located in Juba, South Sudan, and in N’Djamena.
When the university became independent, it had few faculties which include Faculty of Agriculture, Medicine, Commerce, Arts, Science, Engineering, and Law. Additionally, four faculties in Helwan University, Alexandria were annexed to Alexandria University. They included Faculties of fine arts, Agriculture, Physical Education for Boys, and Physical Education for Girls. Today, the university has 21 faculties and 3 institutes. It also has 7,402 administrative staff.
Number of students in the university are 182, out of which, 129 with international students accounting for more than 5000. The university encourages student exchange programs with foreign universities. The school has a university hospital with bed capacity of 200, that offers free services to students. Extra-curricular activities for students to join include student union, sporting activities, and cultural and artistic activities.
The university offers subsidized housing facilities that caters to about 5,460 students. The dormitories are located near the school campus. Facilities provided include kitchens, laundries, dining rooms, cafeterias, gymnasiums, TV, playgrounds, music rooms, and reading rooms.