American International Medical University, Saint Lucia
The University College of Medicine and Nursing is committed to providing education that is learner centric, of high quality, and grants learning opportunities to underrepresented minorities. This in turn promotes an academic community that is diverse and that ensures its students have the necessary skills and attitude of lifelong learning and professionalism. The school was established with the aim to support undeserved communities in mind together with dealing with the shortage of physicians and nurses.
Therefore, the university recognizes its social responsibility in the development of the field of medicine, and nursing. The school offers a medical curriculum that is constantly monitored and evaluated for effectiveness. The curriculum also offers opportunities for interprofessional education, problem stimulated learning, health humanities, health innovation and the access to online resources.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1980
University Type: Private Institution
Number of International Students: Less than 1999
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 6000
Eligibility: MCAT test
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in American International Medical University, Saint Lucia
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at American International Medical University, Saint Lucia must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join American International Medical University, Saint Lucia
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The university’s mission is to provide a conducive environment for the education, health, and welfare of students and community.
- It aims at achieving global identity through educational methods that are innovative.
- It prepares medical and nursing students to deal with challenges in the field of modern medicine
Cost of Education At American Medical International University, Saint Lucia
Overview of American Medical International University, Saint Lucia
Students carry out their rotations at accredited hospitals in the united states. They also carry out their rotations at the renowned university of West Indies Hospitals. The university conducts regular faculty development sessions. It also ensures that the students learn through modern, effective teaching-learning methods and are equipped to stay up to date with recent developments. The school’s mission is to prepare highly dedicated students to become effective successful physicians, and nurses by focusing on imparting knowledge, skills, and values required by students for them to establish a successful path in their career.
The institution consists of the School of Medicine and the School of Nursing.
The school supports extra-curricular activities. The location of the Basic Science and Clinical provides students with the opportunity for tourism, community outreach, social events sports activities and other extra-curricular activities. The school classrooms ae equipped with projectors, laptops, and PA systems. WIFI internet connectivity for both students and faculty members is available.
The school provides accommodation facilities for its new students.