American International University is abbreviated as AISM. In October 1999, the establishment of the university was approved by the cabinet of the Government of Guyana. It was formed by International Medical Educators Associates, inc. The first group of students were admitted in the year 2000. The university has a four-year medical program. It is a private medical university. The school’s mission is to educate the future physicians, and foster their capacity to make discoveries and lead innovation in the science and practice of medicine.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1999
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: Private Hostels
Climate: Tropical Climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 7500-USD 8500
Eligibility: Hold a first degree
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in American International School of Medicine, Guyana
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at American International School of Medicine, Guyana must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join American International School of Medicine, Guyana
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The university starts three classes a year in January, May, and September.
- Th school accepts qualified clinical transfer students into the MD program.
- The school has over 85% passes in USMLE, and 95% passes in PLAB.
- It does not require an entrance examination.
Cost of Education At American International School of Medicine, Guyana
Overview of American International School of Medicine, Guyana
Dr Collin A. Wilkinson is the founder, chairman, and the president of the university. The four-year medical programs in the university consists of 5 semesters of basic sciences, and another 6 weeks for clinical sciences. The school is equipped with modern educational technology. The students have access to wireless internet everywhere in the campus. Th students are accepted into the school based on their assessments, academic skills, previous achievements, and interviews. All tuition fees should be paid 30 days before the start of each semester.
In the first four semesters of their study, students are taught basic sciences courses. The core clinical classes include internal medicine, surgery, family medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry, obstetrics, and gynecology.
The school is located only 2km away from the Atlantic Ocean. The students have access to various religious centers. The university is a walking distance to the Hindus Temple, Catholic Church, and Muslim Mosque. The school has a fully equipped library. Students and staff have access to snacks and alcohol-free beverages within the campus. Other amenities close to the school include recreational centers, gyms, supermarkets, cafes, and restaurants.
The university does not have hostels or dormitories. However, it assists students get accommodations that are secure and comfortable.