Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) was founded on 5th June 2008. The university was established to cater for the training and education of the armed forces. This was influenced by the fact that no such institution existed in Bangladesh. It became the 29th public university in the region.
It is evident that engineering, technology, national security and war strategies are courses that are currently in high demand. This has shown the relevance of starting the institution. As clearly stated in the school’s mission, Bangladesh University of professionals seeks to develop those in the society through advanced education and research.
University at a Glance:
Established:5th June 2008
University type: Public university
Number of International students: More than 300
Hostel type: University hostel
Yearly tuition fee: US$2500
Eligibility: Based on grades and examinations
ECFMG Approval: Not approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Bangladesh University of Professionals, Bangladesh
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Bangladesh University of Professionals, Bangladesh must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Bangladesh University of Professionals, Bangladesh
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Available accommodation for students
- Provides commuting facilities for students and staff
- Has a medical center in-campus that caters to staff and students
- Allows conduction of research activities
- Offers extracurricular activities for students through clubs e.g. BUP literature and drama club
- Has the necessary facilities; computer labs, language center, cyber center
Overview of Bangladesh University of Professionals, Bangladesh
Bangladesh University is a public university established to cater for those in the military. The operations of the university are overseen by Bangladesh Armed forces. They are located in Mirpur Cantonment in Dhaka. The university’s motto is “Excellence through knowledge”. In that regard, it aims to provide its students with the necessary knowledge to tackle the ever-changing world. It provides undergraduate, graduate and post degree programs. Additionally, the school has several faculties and departments.
The university is run by five major core values. Each chosen to guide the students in their time within the school. They are; integrity, discipline, creativity, commitment and wisdom. It also aims to maintain favorable relationships with the community and foster collaboration amongst them. Most importantly, it aims to provide efficient services to support the various programs, the campus community and the general quality of life.
Being a public university, students who excel are entitled to a monthly stipend. Additionally, the school offers scholarships to students who hit the GPA mark. There are two programs known as the Chancellors scholarship and the Vice-chancellors stipend. The minimum amount in general is Bdt 1000.
To ensure student comfortability, the university has 6 buildings that are rented for students’ accommodation. The houses accommodate more than 400 students. When it comes to ICT services, the school has more than 700 computers for use. This is coupled with a great internet connection.
The university provides a serene environment where they are safe. This is to allow them the opportunity to focus fully on their studies. In return, the campus expects that those students allowed admission will show maximum dedication to their studies. This is through portraying commitment to academic pursuits and having good grades.