Becoming A Medical Practitioner in UAE- General Practitioner Examination
UAE has a high demand when it comes to medical professionals. This justifies that finding a job in the UAE is quite easy. If one possessed an alleged legal license for practicing medicine. One of many required criteria for working as a doctor in UAE is that the individual needs to obtain the respective document from the Dubai Department of Health and Medical Services DOHMA.
The General Practitioner Examination is held to issue licenses to all the deserving candidates planning to work as doctors in the UAE. The candidates with a successful registration number will be given access to apply for the Prometric Online Exam. No such kind of oral exam is conducted in this examination.
Just in case the candidate has faced failure for the fourth consecutive time, their admission file will be respectively canceled.
Criteria For General Practitioner Exam
The following are the criteria that an individual is must meet before becoming a licensed doctor in the UAE:
- For GP doctors, the individual must be granted by any well-recognized university
- The experience certificates and qualifications are obligated to be attested and authenticated along with the approved seals from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country where the very certificates have been issued.
- It is mandatory to provide original certificates while collecting the evaluation certificate that is matched with the photocopies uploaded in the system.
- One of many criteria is that a good standing certificate is mandatory from a legal and responsible Health Authority in the Country of Origin, which issues the License with approved seals from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the same country where the certificate has been issued.
- Individuals who will be unable to qualify as above will not be accepted to attempt for the GP exam
- If, in any case, the individual is interrupted or even stopped from practicing the work for a continuous period of two years, then the candidates will be declared unfit for applying to the Ministry of Health exam.
- Candidates need to provide the supporting documents only after having a successful and verified registration.
Process Of Licensing
The applicants who fail to meet the requirement of experience will be awarded a lesser degree that is supposed to be re-evaluated after receiving the required expertise. Thus, the above-given list of requirements is a must for the candidate because if they fail to meet those requirements, they will be disqualified.
Attesting the experience and academic certificates is a must. These documents are to be attested by the following body:
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE
- UAE Embassy in the country where the certificate is ought to be issued
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country where the certificate is supposed to be issued
In the examination, the applicants will be provided with 70 questions, out of which they are supposed to answer 42 questions directly. In a way, they should score 60% minimum. The results of the examination are declared within 5 working days.