The Bicol Christian College of Medicine was formed in 1980 at Legapzi City. The university is the pioneer medical school in the region. It has produced some of the best and brightest medical professionals in the area. In 1942, the Agro General Hospital was founded and it became the base hospital for students. The school is also affiliated with Bicol Medical Center in Naga City and Bicol Regional Training and Teaching Hospital in Legapzi City, both of which are government hospitals. The institution is registered with the World Health Organization. It has been accredited by the Foundation of the Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1980
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: High temperature and abundant rainfall
Yearly Tuition Fee: 12Lakhs
Eligibility: 50% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: August
Eligibility to study MBBS in Philippines at Bicol Christian College of Medicine
In Philippines, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Bicol Christian College of Medicine must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English
- Students can do practice in city health clinics
- Affordable fee and cost of living is as compared to other university.
- It aims to produce dignified physicians
- It is a member of the Association of Philippines Medical Colleges Foundation
Cost of Education at Bicol Christian College of Medicine
Overview of Bicol Christian College of Medicine
The university has adequate academic resources and facilities for lectures. The university accepts foreign students and some of them come from Somalia, Nepal, India, Nigeria, South Africa and United States of America. It adheres to CHED’s curriculum that is outcome based. The university has partners on a local level and international level as well. This includes Kobe International University in Japan and American Center for Investigative Cardiology in Washington DC.
The university offers various courses which include Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Dental Medicine, Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Bachelor of Science in Midwifery, Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Master of Science in Public Health and Master of Science in Health Education.
The student affairs and services department responsibilities include organization of student activities, student empowerment, ensure student safety and well-being, ensure student discipline and placement services, and research. The university has a swimming pool and other sporting facilities. The pulse is a student service program that respects students right to press through expression of their ideas. The school participates in other extra-curricular activities such as medical missions and outreach activities in the community, foundation days, seminars, and medical school gatherings.
Provides accommodation facilities for both local and foreign students.