The university was established in 1993 and became an autonomous Health Sciences University in 1998. It is located in Dharan in Sunsari District. It was named after Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala who was the former Prime Minister of Nepal. In 1993 the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery program began with a duration of 4.5 years. In the same year, the university took over the Eastern Regional Hospital which had a 150-bed capacity.
It increased the number of beds to 700, added an intensive care unit and a coronary care unit, observation beds, MRI, CT scan, mobile X ray and emergency laboratory. A foundation stone was laid for a new college block, and it was funded by the Government of India.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1993
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Cool summers and Cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: 18.1 Lakh
Eligibility: 50% in PCB + IELTS
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- The school caters to the health education needs of Eastern region of Nepal at Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels.
- The Hospital offers services such as in- patient and outpatient services, Public Health and Social services, Institutional practice, Emergency hospital services, Radiology and laboratory services.
Cost of Education At B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
Overview of B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
The university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. It is recognized by the Medical Council of India. It offers postgraduate, undergraduate, and university certificate programs. The university has a separate College of Dental Surgery. Every year, it accepts 60 students for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery. The entrance exams are competitive. The university premises have 9 separate Dental departments.
It consists of four colleges which include Faculty of Medicine, College of Dental Surgery, College of Nursing and School of Public Health and Community Medicine.
The school has a library with more than 14,000 medical science books. The university supports various sporting activities such as football, golf, badminton, hockey, basketball, table tennis, and cricket. The school has shops, canteens, restaurants and ATMs in the university premises.
The university provides accommodation for its students. Living in the school hostel is mandatory. There are separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel has a mess attached to a dining hall.