Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy is located in Bucharest in Romania. It is a public health sciences university and it one of the oldest and largest institutions of its kind. The ministry of education has classified it as an advanced research and education university. The school has two libraries that were built in 1857 in neo baroque and neo classical style. The school was named after Carol Davila who was a Romanian physician of Italian ancestry. He pursued medicine at the University of Paris and graduated in 1853.
In 1857, he formed the university together with Nicolae Cretulescu. It was initially known as the School of Medicine and Pharmacy. Thanks to Carol Davis’ various activities, many scientific associations were established in Romania. With his help two medical journals were entered in print in 1862 and 1865.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1857
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 10,400
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot Summers and Cold Winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 5000
Eligibility: High School leaving diploma
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- The first Romanian scientist to be awarded Nobel prize, George Emil Palade, studied at the University.
- The university professors are masters of academics and research and are recognized worldwide.
Cost of Education At Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Overview of Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
In 1869 the Faculty of Medicine was established, affiliated with the University of Bucharest. In 1889 the school of pharmacy was established as part of the faculty of medicine but it separated in 1923 to become Faculty of Pharmacy. In 1948 both faculties separated from University of Bucharest and became Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy. The Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy became Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in 1991. Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in 1989 became a state university and got academic and financial autonomy.
Faculties in the school include Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy and Faculty of Dentistry.
It has a fully organized sports center that consists of an indoor swimming pool for the university’s team, indoor court for basketball, volleyball and handball. The central library has more than 500,000 volumes. It has state of the art computer center with internet access and adequate computers.
The university offers accommodation facilities to its students on a sharing basis.