Cebu Doctors University was formed in 1973. The university ranks top among other prestigious medical universities located in the Philippines. In the Philippines, it is the only private institution that was granted university status without a basic education curriculum. The college of Medicine is one among 7 other colleges.
It was formed in 1977 after the College of Arts and Sciences. Despite a large number of applicants, only 80 students were chosen. It was previously referred to as Cebu Doctors College of Medicine. In 2014 it became Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine with the acronym CDU-CM. During the 2016 PRC results it was ranked 8. The university expects their students to become effective leaders and educators in their communities.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1977
University Type: Private Institution
Number of International Students: Less than 17000
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: High temperature and abundant rainfall
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 4000
Eligibility: 85% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: Not Available
Eligibility to study MBBS in Philippines at Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
In Philippines, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English
- Students can do practice in city health clinics
- Affordable fee and cost of living is as compared to other university.
- It aims to develop critical investigative attitudes and skills in students to prepare them for basic and applied research
Cost of Education at Cebu Doctors University of Medicine
Overview of Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine
The college’s mission is to produce exemplary and compassionate physicians who render preventive, curative and rehabilitative care. It provides scholarships and incentives to deserving students and graduates. It provides an intensive development program for faculty through conducting workshops, seminars, and availing study grants and sponsorships for participation in conferences and conventions. The school requires evidence of general competence, motivation and capability from its potential students. The college was involved in the development of teaching modules to be used in medical schools all over the country pertaining integration of domestic and family violence issues into the curriculum.
Offers the degree of Doctor of Medicine.
The university admits students on the basis of their personal qualifications. It is associated with the Cebu Doctors University Hospital. The college of medicine has a library separate from other courses. The university also has a swimming pool. It has a community outreach program that won a silver and two gold in the HAMIS awards for excellence in Health Services.
The college provides students with accommodation. There are separate rooms for male and female students. The amenities include air-conditioned rooms, WIFI connection, 24hour security and 24/7 CCTV.