Cebu Institute of Medicine is affiliated with Velez College in Cebu City. It acts as its independently administered medical school. The institutions are located adjacent to each other. Cebu Velez General Hospital is the primary base hospital for the school. In 1957, Cebu Institute of Medicine was established, then known as Cebu Institute of Technology, College of Medicine. It offered a 5year curriculum at the time. Its pioneering class consisted of 33 students who graduated in 1962.
In 1966 it became an affiliate of Velez College and changed its name to Cebu Institute of Medicine. The university had over 4000 graduates by 2008. It was classified as a Level IV medical institution in 1987 by the Board on Medical Education, the highest category for a medical institution.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1957
University Type: University Hostel
Number of International Students: Less than 10,000
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: High Temperature and abundant rainfall
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 10670
Eligibility: NEET Exam + 70% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: August 2020
Eligibility to study MBBS in Philippines at Cebu Institute of Medicine
In Philippines, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Cebu Institute of Medicine must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Cebu Institute of Medicine
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English
- Students can do practice in city health clinics
- Affordable fee and cost of living is as compared to other university.
Cost of Education at Cebu institute of Medicine
For MBBS Program at Cebu institute of Medicine of Philippines, the fee structure for Indian students is as following-
Tuition Fee: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Hostel Accommodation: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Medical Insurance: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Overview of Cebu institute of Medicine
The university became one of the centers for excellence in medicine in 1966. Fundamentals of research was introduced to students in the 1970s. By coordinating with universities such as Cornell University, Pennsylvania State University, University of North Carolina and Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, some of the best researches were conducted. As one of the Centers of Medical Excellence, the university was tasked with providing mentorship during a lecture workshop on Research Methodology to faculty members of West Visayas State University College of Medicine. In the 2001-2002 academic year, the school implemented the competency problem-based learning approach curriculum.
The various specialties include Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Histology, Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Surgery and Internal medicine.
The medium of education in the school is English. The university has classrooms that are fully ventilated. The laboratories are well furnished. It contains three amphitheaters with a capacity of 120.
The university provides accommodation that is separate for male and female students. Facilities provided include WIFI and 24/7 security. The rooms are equipped basic furniture such as table, bed, chair and cupboard.