Central American Health Sciences University was formed in 1996 with its location in Belize. Belize borders Mexico, Guatemala, and the Caribbean Sea. The official language spoken in Belize is English. This makes it favorable for international students who want to enroll in the university. The university’s strategic position makes it easy to travel. One can get into the United States, Mexico, and also South America easily.
CAHSU prides itself on providing quality education to its medical students. It aims to adequately equip medical students with knowledge that will be transferable in society. Professionalism, together with responsibility, are the significant lessons it hopes to instill in the students.
University at a Glance:
University Type: Private
Number of International Students: 879
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD$9000
Eligibility: NEET Exam + 50% in 12th standard with CBSE/ISC (Indian Students should get 85% in PCB of class 12th.
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Central American Health Sciences University, Belize
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Central American Health Sciences University, Belize must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Central American Health Sciences University, Belize
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- It offers courses in English. This makes it easy for international students who want to enroll.
- It is accredited by the General Medical Council and by the Educational Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates.
- It offers its students ample opportunities once they graduate.
- It has competent staff willing to support and transfer their skills to the students.
Cost of Education At Central American Health Sciences University, Belize
Overview of Central American Health Sciences University, Belize
Central American Health Sciences University is a quality medical institution located in Belize. It has received various accreditations. These include; approval by the Ministry of Education in Belize, being listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools, recognition by the General Medical Council (GMC), and recognition by the Educational Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Recognition such as that of the ECFMG and GMC is advantageous for students who graduate. This is because they can apply for residency either in the United States or the United Kingdom. This offers them an excellent opportunity to work abroad and jumpstart their medical careers.
The study program that the school offers entails studying the human body and its structure. It also involves learning about the major body systems and how they function and coordinate with one another. To achieve maximum results, various teaching strategies are used. Holding lectures, participating in conferences, and having laboratory exercises are all incorporated. The Medical Education Committee constantly revises the curriculum to stay up-to-date with the advances. The university is affiliated with multiple hospitals in Belize, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Mexico. Once the academic course is complete, students can choose to practice in affiliate institutions.
CAHSU provides a strong medical foundation for students. The university has three admission programs every year. In January, May, and September, the school begins a new term. Students are encouraged to apply before the term starts. As much as academic records are essential for admission. This is not the only factor looked at. Personal motivation, commitment to the medical field, and relationship with the community are considered other factors.