The university was established in 1945 by Sir Hugh Dow, who was the Governor at that time. It is a public medical institution that is located in the metropolitan area of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It was initially known as Dow Medical College. The HEC ranked the university among the top medical schools in 2010-2014. It is known for its strong emphasis on programs such as economics, biomedical, health and medical research programs.
It offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in almost all disciplines relating to medical sciences. The university comprises of two health sciences undergraduate research institutes: Dow Medical College and Dow international Medical College. The department of postgraduate studies is strong and monitors basic medical sciences and clinical sciences programs. The school has introduced a methodology of learning and teaching that facilitates students to become skilled lifelong learners.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1945
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 3% of student population
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and Cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 10,000
Eligibility: Entrance Test
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi Pakistan
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi Pakistan must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi Pakistan
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- The university’s vision is to be a preeminent academic institution committed to changing and saving lives.
- The university’s core values are customer service, empathy and compassion, excellence, innovation, team work, integrity, leadership, respect and collegiality.
Cost of Education At Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi Pakistan
Overview of Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi Pakistan
The Dow institute of Medical Technology offers a Bachelors program that runs for four years. The university has a journal that is recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. The journal is also available online as an online medical journal. Students from the Dow Medical College have a journal of Pakistan Medical Students that is an international peer-revied journal. The school’s mission is to provide outstanding patient centered education, training and clinical care that is informed by cutting edge research and innovation.
The university has the School of Public Health, Dental Collee, College of Pharmacy and College of Biotechnology.
PWA also referred to as the Patients Welfare Association, is one of the oldest and largest student run NGO of Pakistan. Students have managed the Association since 1979, and it is beneficial to poor patients. PWA has been cited in press for its efforts in free patient services.
The university offers students accommodation facilities.