Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran is a higher education institution. It is situated in Tehran, Iran. The University School of Medicine was established in 1934. It is the oldest university for medical education in Tehran.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1851
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 794
Hostel Type: Yes
Climate: Arid and Semi-arid
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 6,000 (Tuition Fee/ Semester), 840 USD (Hostel fee)
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 50% in PCB + NEET is mandatory + IELTS/TOFEL is mandatory
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers scholarships to students.
- Linked with international and national medical organizations.
- Visiting professor program
- Convenient admission process.
- Students can explore the cosmopolitan culture.
Cost of Education At Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Overview of Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Tehran University of Medical Sciences is a globally recognized university for medical education. The university is administrated by the Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education. It is also affiliated with the World health organization and the Medical Council of India. Currently, the university has 11748 students studying in numerous departments.
The university has quite a few departments including the department of medicine, nursing and midwifery, medical genetics, pharmacy, Occupational health, Endocrinology, and Metabolism Research Center, Medical Nanotechnology, Physiotherapy, Internal Medicine, Pharmacology, Anesthesiology, and many more. The university has 1798 faculty members from all across the world. The university ranked 623 globally, and 3 in Iran.
The university’s mission is to teach students all levels of medical and educate them for future medical conditions for diverse communities. The university has numerous teaching hospitals situated all across the city- Imam Khomeini, Vali-e Asr, Ziayian, Sina, Baharloo, and Shariati. The university also has children medical center and TUMS pediatric centers, Heart Center, and Cancer Institute where students can practice medicine. In addition to this, the university has a research center, digital library, and its own publishing house. University is also very focused on extra curriculum activities such as sports, mountaineering, magazine writing, and various competitions, exhibitions.
The university provides fully furnished dormitories to international students. The quality of accommodation is very high and all the rooms are furnished with beds, closets, drawers, chairs, sofa sets and Chairs. Each room also has television, internet access through Wi-Fi, and hard wire. Dormitories have a distinct kitchen area, laundry room, ironing section, and lobbies with sofas and armchairs.