Everything to know about studying MBBS in Canada
Canada is among the most preferred destinations overseas for pursuing MBBS, especially for the students of India. The medical universities in Canada have high-tech infrastructure, extraordinary academic standards, excellent reputation, and have the best faculties. There are around 17 Medical universities and nearly all rank among the top 100 medical universities worldwide.
The medical course in Canada is for 3 to 4 years. However, if you are applying with a bachelor’s degree in science, the course would be 5 years. Hence, if you plan to study MBBS in Canada, you need to hold a bachelor’s degree in biology or any other subject.
Apart from all these features, Canada is the safest place to live with its multicultural surrounding. This helps the students in developing their persona and inflate to new horizons. Some other benefits the students enjoy here include a peaceful environment for studying, part-time work or internships, getting a work permit, etc.
Eligibility requirements for MBBS in Canada
The students willing to complete their MBBS in Canada need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates should have cleared their bachelor’s degree in Science or Biology before applying for MBBS in Canada
- The students need to clear the MCAT entrance examination and appear for TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency tests
- The minimum score for the English proficiency tests through IELTS is 7.0 and for TOEFL is 80
- Students applying from India should clear their NEET examination for partaking in the MBBS course in Canada
- Candidates need to have a medical certificate required during applying for Visa in Canada
The students applying for the UG Medical courses in Quebec need to have cleared the 10+2 examination and 1 year of CEGEP Diploma course.
Documents required for MBBS in Canada
The list of documents required at the time of applying for the MBBS course in Canada includes documents like:
- High school and bachelor’s degree certificate copies
- The transcripts should be translated into English as well as evaluated by World Education Services
- Test scores of NEET and MCAT
- Proof of French or English proficiency
- Criminal record check
- Autobiographical sketches
- Two recommendation letters
- Purpose declaration statement
- Passport size pictures
Post Qualifying Examination MCAT Examination
MCAT is an online examination. The test includes the Physical and Chemical Foundation section, Biological and Biochemical Foundations, Social and Biological Foundations of Behavior, and Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills. The score obtained from the MCAT examination is valid for around 3 years. On clearing the MCAT exams, the individual is liable to apply for the MBBS. The admission process is quite helpful.
The admission process for applying for MBBS in Canada is generally finishing in July every month. For further details, the individuals are requested to visit the online portal.