Everything to know about studying MBBS in Australia
When it comes to studying MBBS in Australia, there are usually two types. One is a four-year Doctor of Medicine, while the other is a five to six-year undergraduate study. The best about the course is that it is the same as that in India, but the only drawback is that only a few Australian universities offer this. Furthermore, numerous medical universities are accredited by the MCI or Medical Council of India. The degree that is obtained from Australia holds worldwide recognition. Along with this, Australia itself offers various is to the students after they have completed their respective MBBS degrees.
Moreover, the medical facility in Australia is known to comprise some of the well-renowned and experienced doctors who are best at what they do. Usually, In Australian medical universities, MBBS is known as Bachelor of Surgery/Bachelor of Medicine. On average, more than 50,000 students from every corner of the world take Australian medical universities admission each year.
The MBBS course duration lasts for about 6 years where it has a complimentary one year of the internship program. In medical colleges, education is provided through the English medium only. Additionally, ring the study, students are offered an advanced training program that the very medical universities of Australia offer.
Ways that global understudies can apply for MBBS
For global understudies, they understudy MBBS in the very Australia through two ways which are as follows:
- Double degree– This is for students who have cleared thief 12th understudies. The mandatory subject for this degree is Biology, Chemistry, English and of course Physics.
- MD– This is for students who have a four-year certification. These students can apply for the MD. It has to be strictly kept into consideration that most of the colleges in Australia seek MCAT or GMSAT scores for getting confirmed into this program.
The following are the eligibility requirements that the candidate must meet:
- The candidate should be no less than 17 years of age
- The candidate must have qualified Class 12 either from a recognized university or school
- The candidate must pass IELTS/TOEFL with a minimum 7 grade of points
- Candidate must qualify either of the entrance examination such as UMAT/UCA of T/MCAT that the university conducts for the respective international students
List of documents that the candidate must have:
- Enrolment proof
- Bank statement
- Academic mark sheets
- School leaving certificate
- Valid passport
- NEET scorecard
- UCAT scorecard
- Valid passport
- Valid visa
- Birth Certificate
- Genuine Temporary Entrant Statement
- Passport size photographs
- Medical fitness certificate
Thus, there is an annual increase of 15-20% in terms of MBBS in Australia. The medical universities. The country makes sure that it offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the wide field of medicine.
Thus, studying MBBS in Australia has to be one of the wisest decisions that a student with the right capability can make as the country has a top-notch framework, flexible techniques, globally perceived degrees, and more.