Everything you need to know about studying MBBS in Singapore
Singapore is famous for having one of the most powerful dynamic economies while focusing on the main components such as business and education market economy. Moreover, when it comes to the Asia continent, Singapore is quite famous for providing top-level medical education to both its national and international students. There are top medical schools in Singapore that offer high-level medical education to the student just that. Singapore’s health care system is praised by many. It is also having affordable along with ample working opportunities.
The best thing about studying in Singapore is that the country offers medical education in the English language to its students. Thus, there are no communication barriers that the students will face in learning.
The course duration in Singapore is around 5 years, where they have subjects that cover topics centered on human anatomy and the corresponding functions. In the initial days, the course begins with common subjects that then provide detailed and specialized information on the subjects.
The following are the eligibility criteria that the student must
- Candidate must qualify both 10th and 12th class from a well-known college or school
- Candidates must have qualified 12th with subjects like Chemistry, Biology.
- Candidate must give the IELTS/TOEFL exam to ensure proficiency in the English language
- Candidate must have qualified 12th with 50% marks at least
- Candidates having extracurricular activities in their record will be taken into consideration by the universities
- The candidate must be of 17 years of age or above
- The candidate must clear the NEET exam
The followings are the documents that the candidate must need:
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet
- NEET scorecard
- Original passport
- Passport size photo along with visa format
- Statement Purpose
- Scanned copy of the filled admission form
- Receipt of the payment of the fees of visa
- Two letters of recommendation
- Bank statement
- Medical record
- Documents by the ministry of external affairs or MEA
- Notarized documents from the Embassy of Singapore
The candidate will have to undergo two more tests which are FSA or Focused Skilled Assessment and SJT or Situational Judgement Test.
List of colleges approved by MCI
Singapore has the following list of colleges that MCI approves:
- SGH Postgraduate Medical Institute
- National Skin Centre
- Academy of Medicine Singapore
- Duke NUA Graduate Medical School
Thus, colleges and schools in Singapore offer education comparatively at a lower rate. Moreover, several colleges in the country have made it to the world’s top universities, such as NUS that was officially ranked in 11th position on a global level by the QS World University Rankings 2021. The candidates who have successfully graduated will become eligible to practice medicine in the government medical institutions in Singapore. Now that you have all the information needed to know before applying for studying medicine in Singapore, you are all set to embark on your new glorious journey.