Far Eastern University- Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
The medical institution is located in the Philippines, and is independent of Far Eastern University though they are related. The school was established in 1952. Initially it was the dream of Dr. Nicanor B. Reyes. Unfortunately, he was killed during World War II as he was fighting for the liberation of Manila. The school was, however, still established and named after him. The FEU Hospital opened its doors in 1955 as a charitable institution and offered training for students in Nursing and Medicine.
The school of Medical Technology was established in 1960. In 1970 the FEU Dr Nicanor B Reyes Medical Foundation, a nonprofit educational program was established after combining the Student Health Service Clinic, School of Medical Technology, Institute of Medicine and the FEU hospital. It was recently conferred the title ‘only top performing school of medicine’ in the country by the professional regulations commission. It has held the distinction for four years straight. The school has created major names in the field of Philippine healthcare.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1960
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: Private Hostel
Climate: High temperatures and abundant rainfall
Yearly Tuition Fee: INR 2,15,103
Eligibility: 70% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: August
Eligibility to study MBBS in Philippines at Far Eastern University- Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
In Philippines, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Far Eastern University- Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Far Eastern University- Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English
- Students can do practice in city health clinics
- Affordable fee and cost of living is as compared to other university.
- It aims to be a world class training and academic institution that provides excellent healthcare services.
- The school is committed to the development of compassionate professionals who ae competent and adhere to the highest level of global standards.
Cost of Education at Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
The university values include fidelity, universality, excellence, nationalism, moral uprightness and is family oriented. The schools Medical center is the only one that is a level 3university hospital located in Quezon city. The hospital has 6 accredited fellowship programs, 10 accredited residency programs, 10 clinical departments and a bed capacity of 300.
The schools include School of Medical Laboratory Science, School of Physical Therapy, School of Nursing, School of Respiratory Therapy, School of Pharmacy, School of Nutrition Dietetics, School of Radiologic Technology, Institute of Medicine and Senior High School.
The university has a library with adequate research material. It conducts research and evaluations, peer outreach programs and community extension programs. Some of the services it offers includes information service, counselling service and referral service.
The university provides private accommodation to its students.