Greenheart Medical University was established in 2005. There was a need in the field of health sciences in Guyana, and the university was formed to satisfy it. It offers programs in Pharmacy, Nursing, and Medicine. The university is located in Georgetown Guyana, a historic city. The school was named after a well-known rainforest tree that has medical properties; the Greenheart. It is an independent higher educational university.
University at a Glance:
Established: It was established in 2005
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 13,500
Eligibility: 17 years and above at the time of application, graduated from accredited medical schools
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- It is an institution that has a solid footing.
- The university has an innovative curriculum structure.
- The school offers its alumni a lifelong relationship of support.
Cost of Education At Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown
Overview of Greenheart Medical University, Georgetown
Greenheart Medical University teaches its students using career focused education, and by incorporating hands on experience. It constantly improves the school curriculum. The university has affiliations and partnerships with other institutions and organization. It is continually developing new partnerships. The institutions handle health sciences, education, and research. Various mentorship programs are organized for the students. They are also prepared for professional licensing examinations such as MCCQE, PLAB, USMLE, and CAMG. The university hopes to establish a University Hospital within a few years.
The school has quality faculty members from esteemed institutions. All professors and associate professors have either a Doctorate, or a Ph. D. surgeons and physicians from the US and the UK who visit the school occasionally to share their knowledge with the students. The schools include school of medicine, school of nursing, and school of pharmacy.
The school has a students’ affair’s office. The office aims to improve the quality of life for students. It ensures student’s voices are represented, and it promotes leadership and professional development. Additionally, it provides counseling services, it helps motivate and inspire students, and it is responsible for international student’s well-fair and well-being.
The housing coordinator handles all the student accommodation matters. The students can either live in GMU student community dorms, on a shared basis or an individual basis. Students can also choose to live in private residences. The school dorms have air conditioning and meals.