The school is located in Ajman in United Arab Emirates. It is a large private medical university that was established in 1998. The school was initially known as Gulf Medical College. It offers several programs in medicine and health sciences. The founder of the university is Dr. Thumbay Moideen. He is also the president of the Board of trustees in the university.
The Chancellor of Gulf Medical University is Professor Hossam Hamdy. It has 6 colleges and 26 accredited programs. Following an order by Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research in UAE, the school received university status in 2008.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in the year 1998
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Less than 1847
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and mild winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: AED 40,400
Eligibility: High School Certificate
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Gulf Medical University, Ajman
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Gulf Medical University, Ajman must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Gulf Medical University, Ajman
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- The school focuses on three core areas which are Healthcare, Medical Education and Research.
Cost of Education At Gulf Medical University, Ajman
Overview of Gulf Medical University, Ajman
The university has various collaborations with a large number of prestigious universities across the world. This includes University of Arizona, Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee-USA, Virginia Commonwealth University, German Heidelberg University, University of Saint Joseph School of Pharmacy in Connecticut, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Medical University of Lublin and University of Ghana. The main campus hosts the support facilities and academic health centers. The Gulf Medical College and Research Center serves as the school university hospital. Other hospitals affiliated with the school are located in different Emirates such as Mafraq Hospital in Abu Dhabi.
The university has several colleges and institutes. The colleges in the university are College of Dentistry, College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, College of Nursing and College of Healthcare Management and Economics. The institutes in the university include Thumbay Institute of Population Health and Thumbay Institute of Health Workforce Development.
The university hosts a week-long interuniversity sports festival every year. The event is the largest of its kind in the country. The school has a state-of-the-art research center, laboratories, library, laboratories, classrooms, modern multimedia centers, restaurants and coffeeshop. The school has courts for basketball, tennis, volleyball, and grounds for football and cricket.
The university provides accommodation facilities to the students. The school hostels offer a learning environment that fosters self-dependence.