Heidelberg University was officially established in 1386 after Pope Urban VI instructed it. It is officially known as Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg. It included four faculties: Theology, Medicine, Prudence, and Philosophy. Its first rector was Marsilius of Inghen. 185 students had enrolled into the university by 1390. It is one of the oldest surviving universities, and the third university that was established in the Holy Roman Empire.
University at a Glance:
Established: It was established in 1386
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 20% of student body
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Warm summers and mild cloudy winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 31,700
Eligibility: 62% of SAT
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September 15th
Eligibility to study MBBS in Heidelberg University
In Germany, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Heidelberg University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Heidelberg University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English
- It is the home of Germany’s first and only self-governed student hall.
- Has international students coming from 130 countries.
- Approximately 1000 doctorates are completed every year.
- It is a co-educational institution.
- Heidelberg is a founding member of the League of European Research Universities and the Coimbra Group
Cost of Education at Heidelberg University
For MBBS Program at Heidelberg University of Germany, the fee structure for Indian students is as following-
Tuition Fee: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Hostel Accommodation: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Medical Insurance: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Overview of Heidelberg University
Heidelberg University is a public research university located in Germany. It consists of three major campuses. The natural sciences and medicine disciplines are located in the Neuenheimer Feld Quarter Campus, the humanities disciplines are located in Heildberg’s Old town campus, and the social sciences are located within the inner city surbub Bergheim. 29 Nobel Prize winners have been associated with the university as of 2017. The university alumni include 11 domestic and international heads of state and heads of government. It has more than 28,000 students. The medium of education is German, and a couple of degrees are offered in French and English.
The school offers undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs in 100 disciplines. It consists of 12 faculties. They include Behavioral Sciences, and Empirical Cultural Sciences, Chemistry and Earth Sciences, Law, Mathematics and Computer Science, Medicine, Modern Languages, Philosophy and History, Physics and Astronomy, and Theology.
The students participate in foreign exchange programs. It offers room for extra-curricular activities. The variety of sports it offers includes: American football, volleyball, martial arts, swimming, fencing and cycling. It supports students’ groups such as drama club, choirs, and media groups. It has a student newspaper.
84% of the students live in campus. The accommodation facilities include Brown Hall, France Hall, King Hall, Krieg Hall, Mainstreet Town Homes, Miller Hall, Talmage Hall, and Williard Hall.