Helwan University was founded on 26th July in 1975. It occupied 350 acres of land. It is a public institution located in Helwan, Egypt, a greater part of Cairo. The university is the youngest of 3 major governmental institutions in Cairo. Helwan University was formed on the basis of fields from ‘The Operations School’. This school was established by Muhammad Ali of Egypt in the 19th century, and led to the formation of various institutes. Helwan University became a product of these institutes later.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1975
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 1380+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Very dry summers/Mediterranean during winter
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD12,500
Eligibility: 75% in 10+2, 3GPA
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Helwan University, Egypt
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Helwan University, Egypt must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Helwan University, Egypt
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English.
- Provides students an opportunity to conduct research.
- It has highly qualified lecturers who are well-experienced.
- It encourages exchange programs with foreign universities.
Overview of Helwan University, Egypt
The university is a member of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities. It comprises of 21 faculties as well as 50 research centers, and productive units. It is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education of Egypt.
The school is considered a unique model among Egyptian universities. This is because it has Music Education, Physical Education, Arts such as Arts Education, Fine Arts, and Applied Arts Faculties. It has both the oldest and most of the faculties in Egypt and Middle East. Faculties of Music and Education and Physical Education are considered faculties with special innovative nature. 4 school faculties are outside the main campus: Faculty of Fine Arts, Engineering, Business Information Systems, and Financial Markets and Institutions.
Dr. Maged Fahmy Negm is the president of the university. The school has more than 109455 students and more than 4,120 members of staff. The school hosts a joint master’s program between Germany and Egypt called as International Educational Management (INEMA). The school has a central library and libraries in various faculties. Non-academic facilities and services include; housing, sporting facilities, Financial aid and/or scholarships, and student exchange programs.
The university has a guest house that handles catering and accommodation to international students. Accommodation rooms are situated in 3 floors. First floor has 8 male only rooms. Second floor has 8 female-only rooms. The final floor has 12 single and double rooms each having a private bathroom.