Humboldt University was established by Frederick William III. This was on the initiative of Gottlieb Fichte, Wilhelm von Humboldt, and Friedrich Ernst Daniel. It is located in Berlin, Germany. It was established in 1810. It is one of the oldest of Berlins 4 universities.
The university was located in a palace that had been constructed for the Late Prince Henry. It begun with 52 lecturers and 256 students. Theodre Schmalz was the first rector of the university. The first four faculties were theology, medicine, law and philosophy.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1810
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 4,662+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Warm summers and mild cloudy winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 7863
Eligibility: DSH test
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: 1st January
Eligibility to study MBBS in Humboldt University
In Germany, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Humboldt University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Humboldt University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English
- Humboldt University has been conferred the title of “University of Excellence” under the German Universities Excellence Initiative.
- The past and present faculty of the school combined with notable Alumni include 57 Nobel Prize Laureates.
- The university is known worldwide for pioneering the Humboldtian model of Higher Education.
Cost of Education at Humboldt University
For MBBS Program at Humboldt University of Germany, the fee structure for Indian students is as following-
Tuition Fee: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Hostel Accommodation: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Medical Insurance: Whatsapp for full fee structure
Overview of Humboldt University
Humboldt University consists of 3 different campuses: Campus Nord, Campus Mitte, and Campus Adlershof. In 2020, the university was ranked 117th in the world, and the 4th best in Germany. The rankings were made by British QS World University Rankings. The university has its own natural history collection that started in 1810. The main building of the university is located in the historic center of Berlin.
Humboldt University is divided into 9 faculties. The Faculties are faculty of Law, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Economics and Business Administration, Theology, Philosophy I and Philosophy II.
The university has its own library which accounts for 6.5 million volumes, and 9000 held magazines. It is considered to be one of the largest libraries in Berlin. It has a program where students can study abroad for a semester. Alternatively, students can study for a year at the partner universities such as University of Vienna, University of Warwick or Princeton University. Students get involved in sporting activities such as winter sports excursions. Other extra -curricular activities include music and guided tours.
The school assists its students to find accommodation by allocating them to selected student dormitories within the region. It is during online registration that students apply for accommodation slots.