International Medical University was established in 1992, and is located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was the first private higher education institution that received the right to conquer academic degrees in Malaysia. It has a strong international orientation, cooperating with universities in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and China. It was fully granted its university status in 1999.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1992
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: 200+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot and Humid throughout the year
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 5,500
Eligibility: 70% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in International Medical University Malaysia
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at International Medical University Malaysia must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join International Medical University Malaysia
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- Affordable Education as compared to other countries
- It is active in both research and teaching within medicine and healthcare.
- It is considered Malaysia leading private medical healthcare and university.
Cost of Education At International Medical University Malaysia
Overview of International Medical University Malaysia
The current CEO of the university is Abdul Aziz Baba. The medium of instruction is English. The main campus is in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur. The university had 716 employees and 3786 students by November 2018. The main academic ranks include professor, associate professor, senior lecturer and lecturer. It has cooperation programs with more than 30 partner medical schools around the world. The partner universities include University of Edinburgh, Queen Mary University of London, University of Manchester, the Australian National University and University of New South Wales.
The core and complementary disciplines include Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Nursing, Nursing Science, Biomedical Science, Medical Biotechnology, Nutrition, Dietetics with Nutrition, Psychology, Chinese Medicine and Chiropractic.
The university has recreation facilities such as a gymnasium and a swimming pool. It has an IMU student representative council. The sports club offers games like badminton, basketball, board games, bowling, darts and dodgeball. The social clubs include community service club, intra-varsity club, debate club, eco-friends club, first aid club, IMU psychology club and entrepreneur club. It also has a culture and religious club.
The university offers a range of quality accommodation with strong support services. The hostels are within walking distance of teaching and research facilities. All accommodation is designed as an individual condominium or apartment for students to share. The students share a kitchen, a living and dining area with other housemates. The accommodation is on a first come first serve basis. They come fully furnished with microwave, refrigerator, jug, kettle, washing machine, and a kitchen cabinet.