The Ministry of education has classified it as an advanced research and education university. In Transylvania, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine & Pharmacy is the oldest medical education institution. It was a continuation of the Faculty of Medicine which was established in 1919. The school was named in honor of Iuliu Hatieganu a famous scientist. Iuliu Hatieganu was the first dean and organizer of the Faculty of Medicine. He was also made the Rector magnificus of the university.
Thanks to Hatiegsnu’s initiative, new disciplines were created which include radiology, semiology and stomatology, which were firsts for the medical education in Romania. Department of Pharmacy was incorporated into the Faculty of Medicine from 1919 to 1934.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1919
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 2744+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and Cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 6000
Eligibility: No entrance examination
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: Septemb
Eligibility to study MBBS in Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- The school has student organizations that are independent but receive support from the university in the scientific social and cultural activities.
- The school offers modern study conditions.
Cost of Education At Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Overview of Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy
The university has affiliations in Western Europe and the United States. The school faculty members have benefited from international training in new techniques and international conventions. The Faculty of Medicine has seen an increase in the number of foreign students. This has led to the school becoming an international institution. It has also seen a rise in number of students taking up postgraduate programs.
The classes are held in lecture rooms that are well equipped. The school offers bachelors, masters, doctoral and residency degree programs. It also offers continuing medical training. Master’s program courses last either one or two years. The Faculty of Pharmacy is divided into 21 disciplines and 4 departments. The Faculty of Dentistry has 13 disciplines and 4 departments. The Faculty of Medicine has 69 disciplines and 12 departments.
The Faculties in the university include Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Pharmacy.
The university holds an annual conference for young doctors and medical students known as Medicalis. It is organized by the Faculty of Medicine and Medical Students organization. It attracts more than 800 national and international participants every year.
It offers accommodation in the university dormitories