Kathmandu University was established in 1991. It is the third oldest university located in Nepal. The institution preceding the university was known as Kathmandu Valley Campus. It was a private campus under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University. Kathmandu University’s motto is “Quality Education for Leadership.” It is a non-profit, autonomous, public university. It is the first privately managed public university in Nepal.
In 1992, the university started its academic program with an intermediate in science program. The university launched its Bachelors program in Biology, Pharmacy and Engineering in 1994. Environmental and science programs were later introduced into the academic program. A law program was established in 2014 under the School of Law. It offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate courses in various fields.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1991
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Cool summers and Cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: 3-50 Lakh
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Kathmandu University
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Kathmandu University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Kathmandu University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- International students are given accommodation priority.
- The university operates in 7 schools and campuses located in Dhulikhel Lalitpur, Patan, and Bhaktapur.
Overview of Kathmandu University
Four batches of students have finished their MBA programs from the School of Management. Kathmandu University High School is owned by the university. The recent addition to the programs being offered is the Bachelors in Physiotherapy. The School of Science and the School of Engineering are located in the university premises unlike other schools that have affiliated colleges across the nation. The schools with the most students include School of Engineering and the School of Medical Sciences.
The university has 7 schools which include School of Arts, School of Education, School of Engineering, school of Law, School of Management, School of Medical Sciences and School of Science.
The various students’ inter-departmental clubs include AIESEC Kathmandu University, Kathmandu University Robotics Club, Kathmandu University Youth Red cross circle, Kathmandu University Society of Music and Culture and Rotaract Club of Kathmandu University. It also has several departmental clubs. It was the first university to host the university level TED-x event in Nepal.
The university provides several student hostels. Two are in the main premises of the institution. The boys hostel occupies 200 students while the girl student occupies 163. A boys’ hostel in Chaukot occupies 50. The university takes on private houses on a lease outside the university premises for use as a dormitory by medical students.