The current Lithuanian University of Health Sciences is a combination of two institutions; Kaunas University of Medicine and the Lithuanian Veterinary Academy. The merge occurred in the year 2010. The secondary school of Lithuanian University was formed in Vilijampole district of Kaunas three years later. Teaching hospitals used by the university include Kaunas Red Cross and Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kaunas Clinics. The university has various publications claiming the effectiveness of homeopathic medicine.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1919
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 1331
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Humid Continental
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 4600
Eligibility: 60% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- The three main areas of activity that the university successfully integrates include studies, science and clinical activities.
- The university has its own pharmacy that manufactures and is involved in actively promoting homeopathic medicines.
Cost of Education At Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Overview of Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Thee medical academy of the university was established in 1919. It became the Faculty of Medicine of University of Lithuania in 1922. After the closure of Kaunas University in 1950, the faculty was reformed to separate institution referred to as Kaunas Medical Institute. The name changed to Kaunas University of Medicine from 1998-2010. It was then merged with Lithuanian Veterinary Academy.
The medical academy has 5 faculties. They include Faculty of Odontology, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Nursing and Faculty of Public Health.
The university supports academic mobility for students. Study activities in the school are carried out by the study center; research programs and projects and doctoral studies are carried out by the science center; clinical activities take place at the university hospital and the Center for International Relations and Studies handles studies of foreigners at the university. International and other projects implemented at the university are coordinated by the development service.
The university has a sports institute. The sports institute is a member of the Lithuanian student’s sports association, Lithuanian student basketball league, Lithuanian Aerobics Federation, and Lithuanian Table Tennis Association among others. The university athletes represent the school in sports such as fencing, weightlifting, academic rowing, wrestling, sambo, judo, and bullet shooting.
The university provides hostel facilities for the students. All the dormitories are strategically located to meet student’s needs. The university has 9 dormitories in tall.