The university was formed in 2016, but the first classes began in 2017. It offers both graduate and undergraduate courses in medicine. It is a for-profit private university that is located in Guyana. It was registered by the National Accreditation Council of Guyana. It is recognized by major medical organizations and institutions. This includes the Medical Council of India, the Medical Council of Canada, and the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. It is listed in the world directory of medical schools.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2016
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: 150+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 11,000
Eligibility: NEET exam + 50% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in LINCOLN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, GUYANA
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at LINCOLN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, GUYANA must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join LINCOLN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, GUYANA
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- The programs are designed to meet the licensing requirements in the US, India, Canada, UK and other countries.
- Students learn less in class and more in medical experiments, projects, laboratories, clinics and seminars.
Cost of Education At LINCOLN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, GUYANA
Overview of LINCOLN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, GUYANA
Lincoln American University uses English as the language of instruction. It has a 5-year MD program that is based on a US medical curriculum. The entire 5-year program is divided into 3 sections of sub programs. The first program is pre-medical sciences also referred to as basic foundation for medical sciences program. It begins at the undergraduate level and takes 1 year. It lays the foundation of the MD program.
The second program is the basic sciences and pre-medical program. It takes students 2 years to complete. It covers basic medical sciences, diagnosis skills, physical examinations, principles of diseases, therapy, and legal issues related to the medical practice. The third program is the clinical rotations program. It is the last program and it takes two years. The students visit clinics and hospitals, learn how to record medical history, handle patience under guidance, perform physical examinations and interpret findings.
The administrative team is made up of strategists, researchers, teachers, and physicians who are highly qualified.
The school is equipped with modern facilities. It has a library with adequate educational resources. It has more than 3 labs. It encourages students to participate in medical outreach programs and community welfare. It also has a room for other extra-curricular activities such as sports.
The school has boarding facilities for both the staff and the students. They have a central air conditioner, and 24/7 security surveillance.