About Mayo Medical School, USA
Mayo Medical School of Medicine and Science is a private institute of medical education programs. It is formally known as the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. It is a research university located in Rochester, Minnesota, United States.
University at a Glance
Established: Founded in 1915
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: 1200
Hostel Type: Private hostel
Climate: Semi-arid and Cold climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: INR 18.5 – 32.6 Lakhs per year (Tuition Fee) + Not Available (Hostel Fee)
Eligibility: 50 % in PCB + NEET mandatory
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: 15th Septembe
Eligibility to study MBBS in USA at The Mayo Medical School
In USA, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at The Mayo Medical School must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join The Mayo Medical School
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- The research center has both the Engineering and Design Institute and the Laboratory for Engineered Human Protection.
- World-class facilities
- Globally accepted
- No entrance
- No donation
- Provides scholarships
- Placement facilities
The medical department separated from its main university in 1838 and became Jefferson Medical College. A school for Nurses was established in 1891. In 1969 the medical College became Thomas Jefferson University. The major focus of the university includes medical research, education and patient care. In the American Medical schools in existence today, the university is the ninth oldest. Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University merged in May 2017. The university consists of two campuses and a research centre.
Schools and Colleges in the school include the College of Architecture and the Built Environment, Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce, College of Science, Health and the Liberal Arts and School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
The East Falls is a wooden campus that consists of 52 buildings. It includes laboratories, classrooms, student residential facilities, studios, the Paul J. Gutman Library and an exhibition gallery. Latest additions to the school campus include Kanbar Campus Center for students, Recreation and Convocation Center, LEED Gold Center for Sustainability, Energy Efficiency and Design and the innovative DEC Center. It’s known for its male basketball program.
The university provides accommodation facilities to its students.