The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland- Bahrain, famously known as RCSI Bahrain, is a world-class medical university known for medical studies and research. These include the School of Medicine, Nursing, and Postgraduate studies and research. As such, the levels of education it offers include not only undergraduate studies but also postgraduate studies.
It was officially founded on 4th May 2004 as a constituent university. In October the same year, the first medical students were enrolled in the medical school. The main campus was formed in 1784 as The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
University at a Glance:
Established: 4th May 2004
University Type: Private
Number of International Students: Over 1200
Hostel type: University Hostel
Climate: 37-29 degrees
Yearly Tuition Fee: US$11,300
Eligibility: 12+ years of education past secondary school + Qualified IELT/TOEFL
ECFMG Approval: Not approved.
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Medical University of Bahrain, Bahrain
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Medical University of Bahrain, Bahrain must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Medical University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Provision of high-quality education
- Dedicated and Highly qualified faculty
- State of the yard lecture theatres and library
- Adequate research equipment and facilities
- Assurance of the ability to compete for international places once the course is completed
- In-campus restaurant for students to have their meals
Cost of Education At Medical University of Bahrain, Bahrain
Overview of Medical University of Bahrain, Bahrain
The Royal College of Surgeons in the Ireland-Medical University of Bahrain is the best medical university in Bahrain. Not only is it recognized nationally, but it internationally as well. Other than ranking first among private higher institutions in the country, it has also ranked 49th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It offers degrees in the school of Medicine, School of Nursing and Midwifery, and School of Postgraduate studies. The School’s motto, Consilio Manuque, seeks to represent the wisdom of surgeons together with the skill they require to carry out their duties.
Over the years, the number of students who enrolled has increased, with the total number of students in 2015 being 1302. The school has competent staff, with most of the senior medical teaching staff being natives of Ireland. The campus has world-class facilities that allow the smooth running of everyday activities. This includes; a biomedical science laboratory, an optics and laser laboratory, and equipment for dental research. Additionally, the school collaborates with several teaching hospitals and healthcare centers. Some of the teaching hospitals include Salmaniya Medical Complex, BDF hospital, and King Hamad University Hospital.
There are plenty of activities for students to get involved in. This includes clubs and societies such as basketball, volleyball, rugby, and Tae Kwon Do. Two of the largest social events in the school are Winter Ball and International Night. Other than the activities mentioned above, several academic organizations such as the surgical society, student journal of health, and neuroscience society are available for students to join.