The institution was established in 2008 with the Parliament of Nepal granting the charter. It is a non-for-profit public university. The university’s aim is to closely work with the National Health system to improve health care services in remote areas. It seeks to achieve this by producing socially responsible and technically competent healthcare workers. The MBBS program focuses on both the holistic care of individuals and community. The university gives preference to students enrolling from rural areas. The medium of instruction in the school is English.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2008
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Cool summers and cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: 15.1 Lakh
Eligibility: NEET Exam
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- The university’s vision is to be a preeminent academic institution committed to changing and saving lives.
- The university’s core values are customer service, empathy and compassion, excellence, innovation, team work, integrity, leadership, respect and collegiality.
- The school gives preference to female applicants, individuals from socially disadvantaged groups, and applicants employed as paramedics in rural areas.
- It aims to enhance student’s sensitivity to health care needs of those living in remote areas.
Cost of Education At Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
Overview of Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Lalitpur, Nepal
The school faculty and staff provide guidance and moral support to students in addition to the practical knowledge. The duration for MBBS is 6 years unlike other educational institutions in Nepal. The school curriculum focuses on values of service and altruism, community health, and the health of the entire population. In addition to training provided in Patan Hospital, students are posted in rural hospitals and healthcare centers. Students begin their rotations in their first year.
Faculties at Patan Academy of Health Sciences include General Medicine and Nursing.
The university has specialized laboratories that are digitalized. It also has laboratories that are well equipped for investigations using CT scan, MRI, X-ray machine, and ultrasonography. Students can carry out investigations in Radiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Anesthesiology. Other facilities include museums, auditorium, demonstration room, dissection hall, internet connectivity and spacious lecture halls.
The university provides accommodation facilities for the students. There are separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. They have mess and canteen facilities that provide hygienic food. The hostels contain sufficient number of beds, chairs, cupboards, and other facilities. Students have access to a sports complex, playground, and cultural activity center. There is easy access to ATMs, bus stand, airport, and railway station from the accommodation centers.