- January 16, 2019
- Posted by: Swetha Harilal
- Category: MBBS in Russia, Russian University
Perm State Medical University at a Glance
Founded on: 22 September 1916
Address: Ulitsa Kuybysheva, 39, Perm, Permskiy Kray, Russia, 614000
Number of Students: 3,571 (over 160 international students from 21 countries)
Academic Staff: 569
Academic Year Begins: September first week
Recognized by: Ministry of Higher Education, WHO, UNESCO, MCI
Students Trained: over 50,000
Library: Good collection of journals, research papers, and course material; around 500 students can be accommodated
Food: Dining rooms and buffets available
Climate: Average Temperature is -15.1°C (January), +10°C (July)
Nearest airport: Perm International Airport in Bol’shoye Savino, Perm Krai, Russia
Official Recruiter for MBBS: www.mbbsdirect.com
All India Students Helpline: +91 6391010339 (Toll Free)
Perm State Medical University is known as a significant scientific centre which is recognized for higher medical education and scientific research. One of the leading medical universities of Russia, the academic staff of the university include the laureates of the State Prize, honoured scientist of Russia, honoured worker of Higher School, honoured doctors of Russia, winners of the regional awards of outstanding scientists of the Perm region, holders of diplomas from Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, the fellows of state scientific scholarships to outstanding scientists and talented young scientists of Russia.
The faculties of Perm State Medical University are:
- Psychology, Social Work and Higher Nursing Education
- Additional professional education
- Pre-university education and targeted training
87.7% of the faculty members have a medical degree, which is the highest among the medical universities of Russia.
- Perm State Medical University is repeatedly leading in the utility models and in the number of patents for inventions among HEI (Higher Education Institution) of the region.
- The university has facilities such as- modern computer classes, electronic reading room, and a centre of practical skills and abilities within the campus.
- The University also started offering a distance learning course for international students.
- In 2014, the Academy was issued with the status of University.
Perm State Medical University encourages students to actively participate in the work of international student congresses, conferences, seminars, international volunteer movement. They regularly train at foreign university hospitals during summer holidays and organize similar study courses for foreign students. Students get access to free tour tickets for swimming-pool, sports, health-improving centre, theatre, and several others.
- General Medicine (MBBS)
Duration: 6 years
The medium of teaching: English, Russian