Punjab University, Lahore
Punjab University, Lahore is a higher education institution for medical education. It’s the largest and oldest learning institution situated in Pakistan. It is located in the cultural and historical city of Lahore. The university has multiple campuses and summer schools situated in numerous places.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1882
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: Yes
Yearly Tuition Fee: 18150 INR (Tuition fee) + Not available (Hostel fee/Month)
Eligibility: 60% in 10+2
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Punjab University, Lahore
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Punjab University, Lahore must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Punjab University, Lahore
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- World-class faculty members
- Access to HEC database
- Offers scholarships to students
- Well-equipped computer centers
- Offers transportation facility to students
- Students teacher ratio is maintained
- Conduct national and international conferences
Overview of Punjab University, Lahore
Punjab University, Lahore is a renowned medical higher education. The university is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and the world health organization. The university is also ranked in the top 500 medical education. The university also has two Nobel Prize awardees among the university former staff and alumni.
Punjab University, Lahore has 13 faculties- Faculty of Health Science, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Life Science, Faculty of Behavioral and Social Science, and many more. In addition to these, the university also has five campuses, 10 constitution colleges, 658 affiliated colleges, and more than 73 Departments. Currently, more than 45,678 students are taking education from high class 1010 full time, and more than 300 part-time faculty members.
The university offers numerous facilities to its staff and students. The university has a Doctoral Program Coordination Committee (DPCC) which was established in 2001. It is focused on promoting development-oriented research. It’s a non-teaching department and offers practical knowledge to students. Other than this, the university has a health care center, extra curriculum activity center, six well-furnished independent libraries with the physical and digital database, and the sports center.
Currently, the university has 28 hostels, out of which, 17 are for male and 11 are for female students. Most of the students are residing in the Quaid-e-Azam Campus. Currently, the hostel has more than 6961 residents. The university hostel has all the amenities such as hot and cold-water arrangement, kitchen area, study room, common room, and mess. Each hostel has an independent warden and superintendent. The hostel is managed by the senior faculty and Chairman Hall Council.