The university was established in the 19th century, and was known as People’s Palace Technical Colleges. It was meant to provide education to working class individuals living in London’s East End. It was opened by Queen Victoria in 1887. It offered evening classes and had a library, reading rooms, and social activities. It existed to provide education to people of all backgrounds and was a place where people of all classes could meet promoting diversity. The university’s name changed in 1896 to East London Technical College, and in 1905, it was changed to East London College.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1887
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 45% of the student body
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and mild winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 20,500
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, MALTA
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, MALTA must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, MALTA
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The university is a place where boundaries of research and innovation are pushed.
- Students receive clinical experience from the start.
Cost of Education At QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, MALTA
Overview of QUEEN MARY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, MALTA
It offers opportunities to individuals with talent and potential. The potential doctors are taught thinking strategies along with subject knowledge. This is further enhanced by early clinical placements. The faculty members are professionals who are passionate of their respective fields. The university offers a five-year program curriculum.
It has internationally recognized faculty. There are numerous areas of study. Some of the fields include Foundation courses, Biological and Biomedical sciences, Business and Management, Chemical sciences, Comparative Literature, Computer and data science, Dentistry, Engineering, English, Film Studies, Global Health, History, Linguistics, Medicine, Modern Languages, Physics and Astronomy, and Psychology.
The university offers small study groups which make personalized mentoring and support possible. It has a state-of-the-art medical school. The school has 2 shops, two restaurants, a bookshop and a bank. Has a large outdoor space. All the campuses are in close proximity to central London with Museums, cinemas, galleries, theatres and parks in the surrounding areas.
Students are able to live on campus. The school provides a range of affordable accommodation. Facilities available include cafes, bars, nightclubs, 24hour library, computer lab and sports facilities. The rooms are located minutes from the lecture halls. They have en-suite bathrooms. Some of the rooms are adapted for students with mobility impairments. Undergraduate and postgraduate students have separate accommodation facilities.