RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah
The university is located in Ras Al Khaimah in United Arab Emirates. The school’s establishment was a joint venture of Al Ghurair Investments, EFA Ascon Group and the Ras Al Khaimah Government. The school was established under the Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, who is also Chancellor of the University, Saud bin Saqr al Qasimi. The Government of Ras Al Khaimah currently manages and fully owns the school. The school started out with 22 students and now has more than 1220 students from 50 different countries. It has a teacher student ratio of 7:1.
It is the first school in the region to offer a 2year master’s program in Nursing and Pharmacy. It is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in the United Arab Emirates. The school comprises of 110 teaching staff and 125 non-teaching staff. The school’s academic standard has increased due to the work by the school faculty. Students from the school have passed their external exams such as PLAB and USMLE. Additionally, they have excelled in their Dubai Healthcare and Health of Abu Dhabi Examinations.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2006
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Less than 1220
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and brief winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: AED 84,000
Eligibility: High School Certificate
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The curriculum allows the students to gain fundamental knowledge and develop skills and appropriate principles for healthcare.
Cost of Education At RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah
Overview of RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah
More than 40% of the school population are recipients of merit scholarships. The schools College of Medical Sciences offers Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery program. Students are required to undertake one year of internship.
The colleges in the university include College of Medical Sciences, College of Pharmaceutical sciences, College of Dental Sciences and College of Nursing.
The university has a state-of-the-art library that contains text books and online journals. It also has computers, internet access and WIFI facilities. Student Affairs in cooperation and collaboration with the student council, students, faculty and staff organizes, plans and implements the activities of the student services. Sports facilities are also available.
The university provides accommodation facilities for its students. Accommodation for female students and male students are separate.