The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada was established in 1929 by a special Act of Parliament. The institution acts as a regulatory college that looks into the education of medical specialists in Canada. Since the formation of the school, RCPSC has gained patronage of the Canadian Monarch. The school does not offer any type of license, nor does it conduct disciplinary action against medical practitioners. It oversees the training and education provided to the surgeons, and other medical specialists to ensure they are of high quality.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1929
University Type: Regulatory body
Number of International Students: 25,000
Hostel Type: Private Hostel
Climate: Very cold winters/ hot summers
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD$730-USD$4010
Eligibility: One MUST pass Royal College examinations.
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The institution accredits specialty residency programs.
- The institution ensures professionalism, and that its members maintain ethical conduct.
- It checks on the level of acceptability of residents’ education.
- It offers certification examinations to medical specialists.
Cost of Education At Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Overview of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
In Canada, all medical specialists are expected to be certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Only then can they get a territorial or provincial license to practice. The only exception to this rule is family specialists.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada has more than 44,000 members 2014 located all over the world. Fellows are given different designations; physicians are designated as FRCPC (Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada), while surgeons are designated as FRCSC (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada). The Royal College has 29 international jurisdictions where it allows international candidates.
The faculty ensures the training and evaluation of medical and surgical specialists maintaining high standards of quality. It verifies that physicians meet all the needs of the Royal College certification program.
The college prescribes the requirements for special education in 80 areas of medical, surgical, and laboratory medicine. Once granted eligibility to write the exam, the eligibility remains valid for 3 years.
Accommodation is on a private basis. The Royal college has negotiated for special offers for its candidates appearing in the exam through acquiring travel discounts. The partner hotels include Novotel hotel and Ottawa Marriott Hotel.