Sanaa University was founded in 1970. It served as the first primary university in the Yemen Arab Republic. It is located in Sanaa which is the capital city of Yemen. The school was previously built on the grounds of an old Jewish cemetery. It started out with two faculties which were Faculty of Sharia and Law and Faculty of Education. It had three specialties which were the College of arts, Sciences and Education. The specialties were later developed into three faculties in 1974.
The school was organized into 20 faculties by 2005, with 12 faculties located at the main campus and 8 located at different branches in different parts of the country. Postgraduate studies in the university started in the 1980s. The school aims at enhancing higher education in Yemen.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1970
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 712+
Hostel Type: university Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and Cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: S98,766
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Sanaa University Republic of Yemen
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Sanaa University Republic of Yemen must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Sanaa University Republic of Yemen
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The university aims primarily at fulfilling its obligations and responsibilities towards bringing up competent generations who positively contribute to society.
Cost of Education At Sanaa University Republic of Yemen
Overview of Sanaa University Republic of Yemen
The university is in partnership with Kuwait University Hospital for medical students. It is accredited by the Ministry of higher education and Scientific research, Yemen. It is a coeducational higher education institution. The school offers programs that lead to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees.
There are several faculties in the university which include Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Computer and Information Technology, Faculty of Commerce and Economics, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, faculty of Science, Faculty of Agriculture, faculty of Law and Legislation, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Languages and Faculty of Publication.
The school has various centers which include Engineering Consulting Center, Computer Center, Science and Technology Center, Center for Research and Studies on Gender and Development, Water and Environment Center, Center for Academic Development and Quality assurance, Public administration Development Center, Center for Human Rights and Measuring Public Opinion, Center for Political and Strategic Studies and Translation and Language Teaching Center. Other support facilities include a central library and a sports ground.
The university consists of several accommodation buildings which cater to the university staff and students.