SEGI University Colleges is a private institution located in Kota Damansara. It was established in 1977 in Kuala Lumpur as a systematic College. It offers programs in accounting, early childhood, engineering and business. Its name changed from SEGI University College to SEGI university in 2012 when the Ministry of Education announced its upgrade to university status.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1977
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: 10% of student body
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot and Humid throughout the year
Yearly Tuition Fee: 11.9 Lakh
Eligibility: IELTS + 70% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in SEGI University, Malaysia
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at SEGI University, Malaysia must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join SEGI University, Malaysia
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- Affordable Education as compared to other countries
- The university has 5 campuses.
- It is considered one of the largest private higher education in Malaysia.
Overview of SEGI University, Malaysia
The main campus of the university houses various faculties. It has an academic library and a swimming pool. It can host up to 12,000 students with its extension hosting an additional 6000 students. SEGI College Subang Jaya was established in January 2006. It hosts up to 6,500 students. SEGI College Kuala Lumpur was opened in 1977. It has about 4000 students studying on a full time and part time basis. SEGI College Penang serves students in the Northern region of Malaysia. SEGI College Sarawak is one of the largest private institutions in East Malaysia.
The main campus hosts several faculties such as Faculty of Business, Faculty of Technology and Innovation, Faculty of Creative Arts and Design, and Faculty of Dentistry. The programs offered in the SEGI College Penang are in the fields of Business, Accounting, Human Resources, Early Childhood Education, Mass communication and Information Technology, and Hotel Management and Tourism. The SEGI College Sarawak offers law programs at diploma and bachelor degree levels.
The university student experience involves student clubs and societies, sports and recreation. The university provides support and wellness, career advice and development and international student services. The security team works round the clock to ensure safety of students, staff and visitors.
The student accommodations are both on campus and off campus. They range from traditional college residence that are within the college premises to modern shared apartments. The hostels are reasonably priced and offer convenience as they are located close to the school. The private accommodations are also available for those who would like to live off campus.