Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet
Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, commonly known as SUST, was formed in 1986. In the beginning, it only had three academic programs; Physics, Chemistry, and Economics. The first Vice-chancellor was Dr. Sadruddin Ahmed Chowdury, a famous scientist. Considering its humble beginnings, the university has grown tremendously now hosting more than 7000 students.
The public research university is located in Sylhet, Bangladesh. It is famous for leading research and education in the fields of physical sciences and engineering. Applications to get into the university are highly competitive and they require passing the test given.
University at a Glance:
University Type: Public university
Number of International Students: More than 1385
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Cold and warm
Yearly Tuition Fee: US$6400(approximately)
Eligibility: Based on entrance examinations
ECFMG Approval: Not approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Adequate room for growth as an aspiring researcher.
- The medium of teaching is English. This makes it favorable for international students.
- Highly qualified staff who are competent.
- It allows for multicultural activities. This strengthens relations among the students.
- A large number of educational resources i.e. electronic and print.
- Halls of residence are available.
- The school is reputable and highly ranked.
Cost of Education At Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet
Overview of Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology is a public research university. It has adopted the American credit system., making it the 8th university in the country to do so. It got the top position for the best research university in Bangladesh. In the world, it ranked 610. The rankings were made by Scopus-SCImago institution.
Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs are offered by SUST. The positions, however, need to be applied for. This is a competitive process and requires one to pass the admissions test. In the academic year 2019-2020, for example, out of applications from 71,018 students, only 1703 secured a position. The application process requires students to be relentless.
SUST is well known for prioritizing research. Among all the universities in Bangladesh, for example, it had the highest expenditure on research. This was in the year 2017. It also offers a great avenue for students to build on their skills and showcase their inventions. A great example of this is the paperless 24/7 SMS automated registration. This was aimed at making the admissions process easier. The university received several awards for the invention. This included the Ambilion award in 2010 and National award for E-content and ICT for development in 2010.
SUST is ranked 445th for strides in research and is ranked 493 for innovation worldwide. It has academic research and collaboration with a vast number of institutions. The university offers a second major program for first years.
The school provides adequate facilities for the students one of them being WI-FI within the institution. This aids in carrying out research online. The institution has witnessed large numbers of international students with most of them coming from Nepal