Siberian State Medical University is one of the highly reputable medical universities in Russia, which has given many top experienced physicians who are well-known all across the globe. The well-established graduates include 42 academicians, two presidents of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, and 25 associate members of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. The university’s mission is to advance patients’ care and attend to public health issues through teaching, research, and clinical excellence. The university transforms the quality of living of the people through new educational systems, research, and patients’ well-being by offering world-class training, educational, and research opportunities to their students.
University Quick View
Founded in: 1888
Address: Moskovskiy Trakt, 2, Tomsk, Tomskaya Oblast’, Russia, 634050
Number of Students: over 5,000 students (around 500 international students)
Total Teaching Staff: 890
Students Trained: 60,000
Academic Year Begins: 1st September
Recognized by: MCI, WHO
Average Tuition Fee: 22.00 Lakh Rupees for 6 years (approx.)
Library: Largest specialized library in Siberia
Food: Students can get nutritious food at the canteen of the hostel
Weather: Average temperature is between −21 °C and −13 °C (January); +18.7 °C (July)
Nearest airport: Tomsk Bogashevo Airport in Tomsk Oblast, Russia
Eligibility to study MBBS in Russia at Siberian State Medical University
In Russia, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Siberian State Medical University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Siberian State Medical University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
Cost of Education at Siberian State Medical University
The faculties of Siberian State Medical University include:
- Medical and biological
- Behavioral Medicine and Management
- Retraining and Professional Development
- First flagship medical university in Russia.
- Ranked 3rd among top Russian medical schools, according to the National University Rankings.
- Around 80% of the academic faculty are scientific scholars.
- About 5,500 students from 55 regions of the Russian Federation.
- The leader in state-funded seats on the territory beyond the Ural Mountains.
- International students from 28 foreign countries.
- The best library in Russia according to the Academy of Evidence-Based Medicine Rankings 2016.
- 75% undergraduate and post-graduate students and medical residents are from outside Tomsk, from neighbouring and overseas countries.
- Over 20,000 patients annually admitted to the University teaching hospital.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Duration of course: 6 years
The medium of teaching: English, Russian
Mode of Study: Full-time, Part-time
Tuition Fee (English medium):
1st year: 336,000 Rupees (approx.)
2nd-6th year: 269,000 Rupees/year (approx.)
Studying at Siberian State Medical University is interesting and enjoyable. The university offers plenty of opportunities to enrich the student life with different activities. Students can participate in year-round activities which include- football, tennis, basketball, swimming, skiing, and skating. A number of interest-based clubs and student organizations are available at the university, like- a student scientific society, volunteer clubs, English speaking club, and several others.
University dormitories with quite comfortable and necessary facilities are available for all international students at Siberian State Medical University. There are 2 different dormitories:
- Budgetary basis: hostel fee will be approximately 11,400 Rupees/month (this payment should be made for 6 months at once).
- Commercial basis: hostel fee will be approximately 700 Rupees/month.