St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines is higher education institution for medical education. The university has two campuses on is known as Caribbean islands of Anguilla and another one is St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Students studies Basic Sciences in in Caribbean campuses and then practice Clinical Sciences and their research specialty through a clinical rotation program at affiliated hospitals in the US.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1999
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 375
Hostel Type: No
Climate: Mild Winter and Hot Summer
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD6250 (Tuition Fee/ Semester) + Not Available (Hostel Fee/Semester)
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 60% in PCB + NEET Qualified+17 years of age
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- Low tuition cost- and hassle-free life
- The University campus environment is very pleasant
- University does not promote donation
- Stress-free admission process
- University has a modern infrastructure
- Affordable fee structure
Cost of Education At St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Overview of St. James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
The university is approved by the World Directory of Medical School (WDMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination, Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine, and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP). Currently, the university has around 375 medical students. The university is ranked 11271 internationally, 163 in the UK, and first nationally. The acceptance rate is 55% in this institute.
The university has Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Neuroscience, Faculty of Anatomy, Faculty of Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Public health, Faculty of Nursing, and Faculty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Histology. The St. James School of Medicine has around 75 faculty and administrative staff members.
The campus is situated in a low to the medium populated city with around 13500. The university maintains a low student to faculty ratio. The institute conduct high-end research activities and medical clinical activities. Anguilla is home to seven marine parks and the best beaches which makes it a popular choice among medical students. Students can join various on-campus clubs.
This campus does not have a hostel facility. However, there are several affordable flats and apartments close to the campus. The apartments have the necessary facilities, furniture, and a comforting and friendly atmosphere. Rent starts from $500 per month. The apartments also offer a caretaker facility in case of an emergency