St Martinus University Faculty of Medicine is located in Willemstad Curacao. The university was established in May 2000. It was originally known as St Martinus College which was a catholic girl’s school. At the request of the local Roman catholic church, St Martinus college was transformed into a medical school led by John Daryanani.
In 2007, an auction of the university property was to be carried out. Studies went on as usual and the auction never manifested. In 2010, the university came under the administration of Priyamvada Sharma who is currently the school’s Managing Director.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2000
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot all year round
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 5400
Eligibility: NEET + 50% in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in St. Martinus University, Curacao
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at St. Martinus University, Curacao must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join St. Martinus University, Curacao
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- The university is recognized by the Ministry of Health of Curacao, Government of Netherlands Antilles, World Health Organization, Medical Council of Canada, Medical Council of India and Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates USA.
- The university has an esteemed faculty.
Cost of Education At St. Martinus University, Curacao
Overview of St. Martinus University, Curacao
The programs offered by the university include Bachelors, Masters and PhD. The classes are taught in English. The library is opened 24/7 in a day. The classrooms are air conditioned and contain audio-visual equipment such as LCD projectors and Overhead projectors. The MD program in the school consists of 4 semesters running in 20 weeks of basic sciences that are completed at the university’s Curacao Campus. There are 72 weeks of clinical clerkships that are completed at affiliated hospitals in the United States. For high school graduates who haven’t completed the necessary prerequisites for the MD program, the school offers a one-year pre medical program. The immigration office, Student Affairs Office and Faculty offices are located in Curacao Campus.
The university has the Faculty of Medicine.
The school accepts international students and has students from Canada, United States and India. The school has a student development association that is led by the students. It organizes several health camps. There are numerous opportunities for shopping and beach hangouts. Students are taught in small classroom sizes. The campus has an Anatomy laboratory, library, fitness center, lecture hall, and cafeteria. Internet connection is also available.
The school has Skerpener Hall which is the dormitory.